Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'd like to buy some car seat covers for the front seats in my 87' Coupe. I did buy some universal sheep skin covers but returned them because they looked terrible. Do any of you know of a place to buy seat covers that are made to fit Legend front seats?

PS
Any of you had your interiors re-upholstered? (sp?) If so, how much $$$?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I am on a quest myself for seat covers. I went to the swap meet, and custom neoprene covers (from Wet Okle) will run $190 a set. The are custom though, so they will fit nicely. Look good too, I was going to get two tone tan and black (I have a tan interior). It is a bit pricey though. So, check out www.autoanything.com . They have semi-custom (I'll be calling tomorrow to find out exactly what that means) for around $100 for the set. Same colors. If you run across anything else, let me know.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool

Thanks for the site. Let me know what the semi-custom means. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang it...

Ah nuts. That sucks. I might have to do the same thing.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Wet Okole

hey, i have the custom-fit Wet Okole seats. they look great w/ the 2-tone cream/black. however, you have to take really good care of them since they can wear out (typically under your right but cheek:eek: where some of us pocket our wallets). Buy and acutally use the cleaner/conditioner if you decide to purchase these.

It's nice cause its a great custom 2-tone look and totally water proof (good if you live by beaches) BUT, for the price you could maybe find someone to repair your original leather seats. I got these b/c the original driver side seat had a nasty tear in it.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
The driver's side seat bolster is actually tearing off...so I need a cover on that one. The passengers seat was previously occupied by a very large Golden Retreiver, so there are heavy scratches there too. Redoing the leather is too much. :(

Ryan, do you have pics of the seats?

·
Registered
689 Posts
hey vince, i'll have pics posted on wed for you to check out (don't have access to a digital cam till then).

and btw, nice coupes!! looking very very clean in and out:) i wish i had a 5 speed...but i need four doors and manual sedans are rare as hell, so oh well.

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thank you sir!

Those look like the pattern for the 1990 Coupe seats. The Wet Okle Customs that I saw (and am probably getting) look more like other G1 seats. The middle part goes to the end of the thigh support, it doesn't have the border go around like that. Just an observation.

·
Registered
846 Posts
i cant find anything here that look remotly good on my seats. I just went out and bought some fabric seats from a salvage yard and put them in until I get the car redone totaly:)

·
Registered
541 Posts
ok so wet okole seats are not leather, but neoprene stuff? like that wetsuit stuff? If so, then do they look like leather, and how come legendHI said they wear out and you need conditioner? its not even leather..

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
AcuraGuy said:
ok so wet okole seats are not leather, but neoprene stuff? like that wetsuit stuff? If so, then do they look like leather, and how come legendHI said they wear out and you need conditioner? its not even leather..
Just because its not leather does not mean it does't need conditioner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A friend of mine just had his '87 4 door completely recovered for only $250. The seats look perfect! The place used faux leather but it feels fairly soft and leather-like. Included in that price were the doors and center console too. Think I'm going to do the same with my car. Anyone in or around Atlanta who is interested can drop me a pm for the name of the place.

·
Registered
846 Posts
tHE WHOLE INTERIOR FOR 250, THATS AN AMAZING PRICE!!!
The cheapest i could find here in Milwaukee was 450, and that was just for the front seats!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
CNN guy said:
A friend of mine just had his '87 4 door completely recovered for only $250. The seats look perfect! The place used faux leather but it feels fairly soft and leather-like. Included in that price were the doors and center console too. Think I'm going to do the same with my car. Anyone in or around Atlanta who is interested can drop me a pm for the name of the place.
I did that to my 90, but apparently faux leather costs more here on the West Coast. It ended up costing me around $650 for materials and labor, and looks exactly like my old leather seats do. But now, they are virtually zero maintenance! :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
Do you know how much it would be to do just the front two seats? The rest of my leather is int good condition:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
firestorm said:
Do you know how much it would be to do just the front two seats? The rest of my leather is int good condition:)
dunno how much for 2 seats...got the card for the place just this morning...don't think this is the place that actually does the work...you need to call them and get referred to the guy they use...# is 678.377.6790 - Patriot Motor Co.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts