Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever suffer this? my baby has been in the shop for approx a month after my accident (read "S T U P I D" stunt) I was beginning to get a little depress having to drive my mothers el camino (not that it's a bad car) I am finally getting my baby back on march 8 I am so happy heres what she was in for:

Transmission rebuild
Stuts & shocks
Steering knuckle
motor mounts
blinker and bumper assembly
front subframe
4 new tires
alignment

but she is finally coming home am so I am happy :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
how much did all that run ya?

you could have just bought my g1 coupe in boston. :)

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
sounds expensive, how'd the accident happen?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
over 3000.00 but as for how it happened I was cruising over to a friends house down a unfamilier road, I turn the corner and this truck pulls behind me and flashed I pull over he says wanna race got 20.00 sayn from here to the stop sign (roughly 4-5 blocks) I can smoke ya well normally I dont race on unfamilier territory, but for some reaso I accepted we took off and I smoked him off the line, then as I was exeeding 80 miles an hour I hit a HUUUUUUGE bump, and went at least 2 feet airborne, I bet it looked like a rally jump, when I landed I almost lost control, skidded sideways and off the road, well mr big truck goes by laughing all the way. I get out the car and the big truck is coming back, I figured he might be concerned, but no the ass wanted his 20.00!! bieng a man of my word I cashed up. so there you have it as for the tires and tranny they needed replacing anyways

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
man that sucks, how'd u explain it to your parents and fam? must've been real creative, as for car withdrawal, i start sufferin from it as soon as i step out of my car, lol

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol luckly my mother is an ex street racer herself so she understood, she used to have a el camino with almost 500 horses and nearly 600 ft lbs of torque that she built up herself, so I guess it kinda runs in the family :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
:( I think he totally set you up for that.........
he's jealous that you have a legend~

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
DSMKiller said:
as for car withdrawal, i start sufferin from it as soon as i step out of my car, lol
Yea, same here. I love her toooo much. Hell, my GF complains sometimes. YOu know, greasy hands, stains that won't come off my shirts, getting all hot and sweaty w/o her, u kno, the typical.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well I say over 3g because my mechanic says when it's all said and done it may cost as little as 3100.00 or as much as 3900.00

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and yeah I KNOW that hick set me up, jusy cuz his dam 4x4 could take the bump like nothing (grumbles in disgust) needless to say I now scout the area I race on before layin down money and risking my car

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
flashdragoon said:
lol luckly my mother is an ex street racer herself so she understood, she used to have a el camino with almost 500 horses and nearly 600 ft lbs of torque that she built up herself, so I guess it kinda runs in the family :D
OMG :eek:

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
man u got lucky your moms a racer, i got into an incident racing as well, it's a long story with my old legend, but if i wasn't as lucky as i was to get out of my car and find no damage whatsoever, i'd be toast, lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts