Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
89 Legend Sedan. 97K miles.

I've been having starting problems with my car some time now. Some times it used to happen that when I turned the ignition the car would try to start but not go completely through. Kind of like when you have a weak battery ( i have a new one ). It was erratic but used to happen once in a while. Usually in the afternoons or evenings after staying in the heat the car would not start. I would wait some time, try again patiently and after 2 or 3 times it would start. Yesterday however, the car would not start after trying for at 10 times. I gave up after that. Its my only car and its lying at my work place. I'm going to take it in tomorrow at the shop. Can some one give ideas as to what it could be and how much it might cost ? I dont want to get ripped off just bcos I'm towing my car into the shop. Any ideas guys ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is possible that you may have a bad starter. I have seen on other cars that when the starter goes out, it feels to the owner that the battery is deat. Inside the car it would feel the same.... i.e. the engine would turn over once or twice and then lug. Since you have a new battery you KNOW it is not that.

If it is your starter, they are not usually that hard to replace. A wire harness, a ground, and 2-3 bolts is usually about it.

I cannot think of anything else to help here, unfortunately my problem revolves around me having to crank the engine twice for over 3 seconds to get my car to start:-(

Hope this helps Harki

Keep us updated on what it is and what you do.

·
Registered
386 Posts
TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!

Along with checking the starter, it sounds to me as if the main fuel injector re-lay might be going bad. You should have that checked as well. The same thing happens to me every now and again. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.