Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, I decided to degrease all the winter grime off the motor. I sprayed the motor down with about 4 cans of degreases top and underneath then sprayed the motor down with a garden hose. The car ran great prior to this. Now when you start the car, it struggles to stay running. The idleing goes up and down up and down up and down to the point to where it almost stalls out. A cupple of times, the car quit running after it was started. Once its running though it will run with no problems. If you let the car sit for about 5-10min it will act up when starting. Once you drive it though, you can shut it off then sart it back up witn no problems. Any help you guys can give me would be great. I am going to try and get it into acura soon. Its a 94 legend gs 4 door sedan.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I covered the alt, and as much of the electrical as possible. Its impossible to cover everything. Its been acting up periodically. Today it started up and stayed running with no problem. I must have moisture is one of the electrical components. Next time I will take the motor and have it steamed cleaned to avoid this problem. I am on my way to acura to set up and appoint to get it in and looked at. This just sucks if you know what I mean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.