Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Carburation anyone?

i was thinkin about what it would take to convert my 89 coupe to carburation. any one have any ideas on how hard this would be and if it is even possible. also can anyone tell me the pros and cons of doing this conversion?

· Registered
779 Posts
acedjinhere said:
i was thinkin about what it would take to convert my 89 coupe to carburation. any one have any ideas on how hard this would be and if it is even possible. also can anyone tell me the pros and cons of doing this conversion?
It just wouldnt work if you want a carburated car go with a datsun 510 w/ dual side draft webbers

· Registered
658 Posts
Unless there's a carbed 2.7L V6 for sale in some market somewhere in the world, you're in for some serious custom work.

Not only that, carbs are a B-I-Titchy to get right. I cut my teeth on Rochester Quadrajets but you'll get my ECU over my cold, dead body. I lurv fuel-injection!

· because i can.
10,426 Posts
Yeah Datsun 510s are sweet man...lots of potential with the L series engine...and while we are on nissans, if you want a carbed 6 cylinder Jap engine, the VG has a carb kit but it aint cheap and carbs really are out man...

The G2 Preludes had a dual carb setup as well that are definitely upgradable...

Personally Id take FI anyday over messing with jets, diaphrams, springs, choke adjustments, etc, etc, etc...you know??

· Registered
779 Posts
sam o nela said:
Yeah Datsun 510s are sweet man...lots of potential with the L series engine...and while we are on nissans, if you want a carbed 6 cylinder Jap engine, the VG has a carb kit but it aint cheap and carbs really are out man...

The G2 Preludes had a dual carb setup as well that are definitely upgradable...

Personally Id take FI anyday over messing with jets, diaphrams, springs, choke adjustments, etc, etc, etc...you know??
totally plus with the money it would take to convert to carburation you could just get a turbo and double you horspower

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.