Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one ever taken their car to carmax to see how much they would buy it from you! or has anyone actually sold their car to carmax! also how do they determine the value of your car! kbb?? or do they use the black book?!

·
Stock Is Best
5,507 Posts
Carmax values your car based off of results from their own auctions. They say they have sold over 5 million vehicles at Carmax auctions.

Just for kicks I have had two of my cars bid by Carmax. They seemed fair. Just remember, it's a wholesale bid so it's most likely going to be lower than what you might expect.
I didnt think dealers bought cars except on trade ins. Is carmax that different?
Depends on the dealer.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,375 Posts
Carmax values your car based off of results from their own auctions. They say they have sold over 5 million vehicles at Carmax auctions.

Just remember, it's a wholesale bid so it's most likely going to be lower than what you might expect.
+327
I have taken a few folks up there for appraisals. It can be a heart-hurter if you thought you were getting KBB. It is lower by at least 4-5k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.