Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wasup everyone.
the carpet in my car is damn dirty, and i've even taken the seats out and tryed to clean it. but its not as nice as i want it. has anyone ever replaced that whole carpet in their car? i remember seeing some ads in some magazines that sell the carpet. any comments?

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you have the tan carpet, don't even bother trying to clean it. I have been trying for 3 years in some spots and it just sucks. Some things just aren't going to come out without you damaging the fibers. I have seen numerous companies offering molded carpet units for the Legends for around $150. I have not seen one installed yet, but in a week or so I will since my friend got carpet for his Mazda. I'll let you know about the quality.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man, yeah, please keep me informed. $150 doesnt seem so bad if it fits right.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ive got the tan carpet and its a pain in the butt to get the thing replaced.

i went to several shops and they cant even get the carpet for my 1990 coupe. its actually a 'drop in' molded thing.

i'd be interested to know if any of yall have some luck here

·
Registered
17 Posts
go to autocarpetdirect and fork out 160 bucks plus shipping and handling then email back as to how well it fits. also fryers upolstry carried it for 116 bucks but i dont know what kind of quality you get.

·
Registered
133 Posts
that is a good point.

you can also have the shop put sound deadening material in [either a spray or a combo of spray and mat] which i had done when i was having my seats re-upholstered.

less road noise is awesome!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Okay my friend got his carpet. He ordered it from WLS carpet systems. The overall quality of the carpet is good, but the fit was poor. It required him to do alot of cutting and filling and even after that it still doesn't fit like OEM. It is better than the dirty old carpet he had before though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.