Acura Legend Forum banner

You ever get caught speeding and let go free?

• I got caught and let go free! :)

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I got caught and got a ticket :(

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • I never got caught speeding

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • "It was'nt me" lol

Votes: 2 6.9%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Well Well, I know I know, What was I smoking, I mean Thinking. I have to laugh. :)

It all started like this:

It was 3am this morning FEB 10 2002. and I was dropping my Girl home 40 miles away. Long Island to Queens New York. It was all good. I was driving 70mph and there he was. On the Southern State Parkway the cop is in the middle lane waiting for some gut to Zoom pass him. But… With my experience for 10 years around these parts I always look ahead for the State troopers hiding and behind me too. I turn on my signal in the fast lane and moved behind him in the middle lane.
I and 3 others neck and neck cruised behind the trooper until he finally exit off at exit 27n (Don’t you hate that?) From there on it was a smooth ride. I stepped on it like I always do from 55 to now 70mph until I got to Queens. No problem. Coming back I was again on the Southern state Parkway going east (back home) . I was cursing and more than half way home and I have been trailing behind this Station wagon with rims for a few miles! He was a Quarter miles ahead of me so I felt safe in case there was a trap. After thinking about it the guy was going faster and faster and my right foot slipped the car up to 90mph!! I was like ****, his gut is going really fast. I was at an exit and I normally look to see if any troopers ws merging on the Parkway but To tell you the truth it was late and I was going too fast to get a dam good look. Well I was 2 exits from home and I have a nice straight away just before the last exit. So……….. I said F It I am going for it. I saw my needle hit 100mph and I was looking in my rear view and a really did not notice a car coming up fast. The guy that was going fast was in the fast lane And I was in the middle lane going to the slow lane getting ready to exit. By the time I was breaking to exit off the light a saw a few seconds ,all over my bumper. I looked up and saw the bubble lights a said Oh dammm. LOL so Before I can finish the exit ramp I had red and blue lights on me. I saw my whole insurance Fly up in a the Roof! When I cam to a spot I immediately turn on the interior lights. (they love that) I rolled down mi windows before he got there. It was 2 of them. A woman and a man. (both white for people who want to know) So He said License and registration please. I gave him both and I told him the registration is in the glove box. (You know some Cops are trigger happy and it was late so I do not play).
I gave him both and he ask If I know how fast I was going. LOL I had a serious face and said I was going over 80mph . He asks me exactly how much? I said I am not sure but it was over 80 again. He told be he was going like 120 to keep up to me. (In my mind I was like ****.) So He asks me why. I told him I just dropped my girl home and I just want to jump in my bed. He then cut me off and said that that was a long straight away and easy to speed! I said yeah it is. He then ask me if I had anything to Drink. I said no. I did not. My eyes are red when I need sleep so I figure that is why. He ask me again and then test me. He told me, without moving my head follow his pen. That was easy, I was not drunk. Matter of fact I had no drinks since new years. So he took my Documents and went to the car for like 2 mins the came back and scan the car’s registration. He went back and I was like (****)lol (again many things was running through my mind)

A min later he comes back and says, “ I am going to give you a break” I was so shocked!!!!!!!!!!!! He said it is very dangerous to speed so fast. I could have gotten a flat and crashed (all true) He said IF he ever catch me speeding again he is going to write up many tickets. I told him sorry, and thank you. They then got in the car and left. I then begun to breathe in an out and smiled. No I grin DAMIT . Well foks, Do not speed. You never know if it could have gone the other way! And well all know what way that is.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Foreal

I always have a hate for them! Until now LOL
I love them now
lol
But foreal though they are tough!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
bah, i beat all of yall, im too lazy to edit this from another forum i posted this at:

I got a ticket on bay area blvd once, but a week later, on 528, i was racing and i got pulled over by a cop into brookside. He told me to follow him to sonic/that bank and brought me to 3 other cop cars. they pulled over my cousin too who i was racing. They yelled at me for racing 100+ in "traffic, late at nite(like 8:30 haha)" he gave my cousin a really hard time and threatened to take our cars, come with me to my house to talk to parents and give us both a pair of tickets. But i guess because i was honest to him pretty much and he felt bad because he though i just got my license and i got that ticket liek 4 days before, he let us both off with a verbal. Hes really cool, he came into that taco bell a few times and we talked about it.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
my story...

i basically was speeding in a "25 mph speed limit" , which obviously, 25 was too slow for that road.

It was like, you can go 40 miles an hour and you werent violating any actual rules....

The cop was all the way IN THE END of the road, w/ his lights off and in a corner, so you couldn't really see him when you were coming down (this was in my G1)..

I was gonna go work out in the gym, the gym was 2 turns after that little road.

Anyways, I had *SEEN* people flashing me when I was on the road before that, but I guess I wasn't correlating it w/ a cop, I dunno, I was like.. why are those people flashing their lights at me? :)

Needless to say, I got caught speeding.

The cop saw my massachusetts plates, (I was in VA).
He stops me, puts the lights and I feel like an absolute moron.

He asks me how fast I was going. I was like, "i dunno, 40-50? i'm not sure"... he was like, "yes, you were going 46"....

"do you know what the speed limit is around here?"

I looked up, and surely, it said 25 mph on a sign about 100 feet ahead. So I said, "well, the sign says 25, and I'm assuming the previous one said 25 as well..."

"So why shouldn't I give you a summons today?"

"A what?" - I said.

"A summons, what we call here in VA, a speeding ticket..."

"Well, officer, in all honesty, you should. I was clearly violating the rules, and I was in the Navy, where, rules are rules and no one is exempt"..

He was blown away by that. He proceeds to tell me that usually, people have a sob story and that he REALLY liked my honesty, to enjoy my work out and to drive safely.

SOMETIMES, THE TRUTH IS THE BEST ANSWER GUYS.
:)
And mind you, I'm not good at talkin to cops. But I was just so mad at myself at that point, that I just told the cop the honest truth, w/o being an ass.

Do this tactfully, you might get out of a ticket.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Man - screw you all :D

I got caught going 16 over the limit (I think I was going 41 in a 25)... I was coasting DOWN hill...

Never got a warning, ticket, NUTHIN ever before... the dork gave me a ticket!

I fought it though and got it deferred (pay 100 bucks - your ticket goes into a file for 1 year. At the end of the year they check your record, if you haven't gotten any other tickets or infractions of any kind they let out off of the ticket)...

BUT - you only get 1 of those every 7 years...

Man you lucky guys...

-James

G

·
Hire a lawyer :p. I've done it twice now and gotten both tickets taken off my record. The guy that I hired was $200 and he has been great. For one of the tickets I didn't even go to court, he just called me later that night and told me it was all good. Saved me $20 so far in ticket fines ;). But it has saved me a ****load in insurance fees. I guess that I could just not speed in the first place, but where's the fun in that. I would reconsider if I ever put anybody else in danger, but I don't. I never dangerously fast when anybody else is in the car or if anyone is even anywhere that if I blew a tire or something that I could hit 'em. I just get mad when I see people come crusing by me on a 2 lane road going like 150. It's pretty cool, but both of us would be screwed if something happened, and that's not cool.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Louisiana is pretty cool with tickets

Over here all u have to do is pay $20 dollars more for w93 or 86 and ur on probation for 6 months, doesnt go on record. I known ppl that got another ticket during probation and they didint do sh$t . And over here practically everyone and their grandma can fix tickets for u. One time my friend and i got seatbelt tickets, and when we went to pay it I asked a policewoman where to pay and she just said gimme the tickets I'll take care of it for ya.The only time u cant get a break is in accidents and felonies.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Damn...I can only wish I was as lucky as some of you. I was cruising at about 80-85 on a 4 lane hwy. Looked up and noticed the 4 lane turned into a 2 lane about a mile up the road and there was a diesel about 100 yards ahead of me. I didn't want to be stuck behind the diesel so I floored it, passed the diesel, looked at my speedometer and I was going 105. That's when I noticed the cop on my butt. He already had his lights on. When I pulled over he told me he clocked me at 83 originally and that's when he started chasing me. Turns out that was about the same time I floored it to pass the diesel. I think he thought I was running from him cuz he had major attitude at first. So yeah...I got a fat ticket...had to go to court and pay $400 for reckless driving. No traffic school or anything else but time to get rid of that one. Oh well...I deserved it. Luckily, my pop is also my insurance agent and he hasn't "found out" yet. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got busted with only a $230 ticket, no points, on 322 in PA doing 140 mph in a 65. Cop saw my dad's Police Cap, so I got lucky. It was in broad daylight and I was coming home for Labor day weekend from Penn State Univ. The PA State Trooper said "home isnt gonna speed away from you, slow down, you'll get there." He's right.. dont speed, and dont street race, there's a time and a place for everything. Be Safe and PEACE:D

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
ha

xenonk said:
I got busted with only a $230 ticket, no points, on 322 in PA doing 140 mph in a 65. Cop saw my dad's Police Cap, so I got lucky. It was in broad daylight and I was coming home for Labor day weekend from Penn State Univ. The PA State Trooper said "home isnt gonna speed away from you, slow down, you'll get there." He's right.. dont speed, and dont street race, there's a time and a place for everything. Be Safe and PEACE:D
dude,
140 in a 65?

i woulda kept going. lol.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
TALRUDEBOY & Jose ya some lucky bastards:mad: hell i'm almost scared to drive my car it's like i got a sign on my whip that says
"pull me over please!" i can't tell u guys what kind of luck i got with Jake down here in GA, u know what kills me is all the times i've speeded on purpose or raced i've never been pulled over, but let my ass just drive normally and not pay attention to how fast i'm going and i get the lights in the back, or as in my last encounter i get pulled over by motorcycle cops in front...the bastards where waiting at the bottom of a hill(ain't that a trap?) and i was just coming back from dropping a friend of at the same counties' courthouse for some tkt he had to appear for( talk about ironic:( )

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have way too much stories on speeding. I only can tell you guys that I have payed over $3K, yes $ 3 F*** thousand in tickets. I was caught in Florida, going to Miami on Orlando Turnpike doing 127 on a 65 zone. He reduced it to 105 and I had to pay $145. Also got caught doing 92 in a 60 zone: $912.50 Tifton Georgia. They strip my car had their hands on their guns (F*** *******). I also got caught in Atlanta highway. I was late for my final and was doing 88 on a 55: $421. Now I only have one point let in my license. I did take the defensive driving class and I'm supposed to get 7 points back. I never worry about the fine, I was taking home at least $750 after taxes, no wife, no children, don't drink nor smoke. But today Point caught up with me. Many times, I got lucky like when I was doing 125 from NY to DC for almost 2 hrs. In town or just his past week-end when we were flying, right "Leon". We did over the 120.
But seriously, guys NOone should pay for our Stupidity. It is not fair for others and noone is a good driver: we 're just used to our cars. Let us be more careful. I can not help if someone pass me and give me the Finger. It was the case last Saturday. We were cruising doing around 60, 4 coupes all nicely hook: one yellow, one red, one beigeand my black one. A Q45 pass us and give us the finger. So Louis (yellow coupe) and I took of, caught him, passed him and gave it back to him. He was trully surprise. Note that Louis' car is a 5sp and my D3 help me a lot.
Next time, I'll tell you how I got pull by a State trooper and got away.
By the way, Seat belt please. It does make a difference.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lucky I am

I feel lucky. Maybee it was just too much paper work for my A##.

Well Its all good now.
BYW Is It me or I will never forget where I got pulled over.

I remember every location I got pulled over in my life.
Is it me?

·
IM A LEGEND
742 Posts
MAN JUST YESTERDAY A COP TRIED TO PULL ME OVER FOR DOING OVER 100 BUT THERE WAS TO MUCH TRAFFIC FOR HIM TO CATCH UP TO ME. I KNEW WE MADE EYE CONTACT HE WAS GOING TO TRY AND GET ME SO JUST JUST WENT FASTER AND GOT OFF AT DA FIRST EXIT I SEEN. I GOT LUCKY THIS TIME IM NOT TRYING TO SPEND 2000 ON TICKETS AGAIN LIKE I DID LAST YEAR. ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD RADR DETECTORS?:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.