Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Anybody know anything about CBs

I read somewhere that truckers use CBs to warn each other about cops & their hiding spots

Read somewhere that radioshack or something sells CB channel 19 receivers for cheap. Anybody have a clue what Im talking about :confused:

If so please post details, model no would be appreciated

BTW, standard disclaimer applies, this info will be used for educational purposes only, yeah right:D :D

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
vrb747 said:
Hi all
Anybody know anything about CBs

I read somewhere that truckers use CBs to warn each other about cops & their hiding spots

Read somewhere that radioshack or something sells CB channel 19 receivers for cheap. Anybody have a clue what Im talking about :confused:

If so please post details, model no would be appreciated

BTW, standard disclaimer applies, this info will be used for educational purposes only, yeah right:D :D
haha,
i used to use cb's when i was in high school. =) anyways, you can get em cheap at radio shack. doesn't really matter what model you get as long as you can reach all the channels. also, those are only effective if the people around you are nice enough to let you know. from my experience, the truck drivers rarely talk to people they don't know. all you can do is listen in on other's conversation to see if they're in you area.
-j

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wanna listen

I dont think I wanna talk to those guys

Just listen in

U can get a lot of info just by listening

Someone told me I need a Channel 19 receiver

Does anyone know the model number. Things supposed to be like 20 bucks. Cant find it at my local radio shack, they have ones that start at 100 bucks, too expensive for just a receiver

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I use to always want CB

I Wanted a CB and then I got one!

It works fine but I do not have it anymore I gave it away.

It sure can help you on long trips. You can ask where the cops is etc. Remember these trucks have codes too!
And You can get a portable handheld CB cheap and hook it up in your car. They even have glass mount antenna!

Radioshack of course.

I am sure they have CB for dummies! lol
Imagine that?

Just do not play around on the Radio!! Did anyone see that movie on Pay Per View? JoyRide? That was a funny movie!

It was about the power of a CB!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Are you sure your ready to look like a remote control car with that big'O whip in the center of your roof top (best reception)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about handhelds

Cant I just get a hand held without the antenna ?

How much should one cost me ?

I just wanna receive channel 19 for those speedtraps

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
CB

Yes you can get a handheld without antenna. That is why its a handheld but the signal might be week, but Try one! If it does not work for you return it!.

It should be like $20-$60

Cobra $40

Midland $89.00

Cobra HH 33

EBAY

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hahaha I have a CB radio hooked up in my car. but the main purpose for it is for my PA feature. I have a PA system hooked up in my car with the horn mounted in my front bumper. YOu cxan just cuss out those pedestrian walking in your way with the PA. its pretty fun. had mine for 2 years now. Dunno if the cb radio works, but the PA feature does. got it off of Ebay for $30. I got a digital Uniden set up. pretty small and clean looking.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
[email protected] Sprung17

LOL LOL

IMAGINE THAT!

Yo thats funny.

"Hurry the #### UP"
"learn to Drive M F"
"If you gonna cut me off Drive the ### UP"
LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts