Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY..... I finally got my new Dell up and running!

This thing is so sweet....

This is what I want to do....

I want to make a greatest hits collection of a group I have in my CD collection. There are about 6 cds that I want to take select songs off of, copy them to my harddrive, and burn them on a CDR or CDRW. Copy and Paste does not work because it says it does not support that format.

Some of you computer gurus out there will know how to do this....

Thanx in advance....:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
you cant just copy and past, youhave to load them into the jhard drive. the only way you can copy soething is if you are going to move it from one locationto another, you cant just copy somthing out of nowhere and throw it on the hard drive.

hoe i helped

·
Registered
671 Posts
what's up mckenzie - glad to hear that the computer is working out : ) i am guessing that roxio easy cd creator came with it, because that is what dell usually includes with their burners. to make a mixed cd llike that, what you need to do is open up easy cd creator, and take the steps necessary to create a new audio cd (haven't used roxio in a long time - have been a nero user for a while now...), and put the first cd in the cdrom that you want to copy a song off of. there should be some sort of two-pane view, and you should be able to see the songs from the audio cd on one side, and the new compilation on the other. what you do is drag-and-drop the songs from the cd into the compilation. it will not actually copy the song at this point, just a record of what you want on the new cd. you can take out that first cd, put in another, and go through the same process again; you can do this with as many songs and cd's as you like until you fill up the capacity of the blank cd you have inserted (there is usually some sort of graph showing the capacity of the blank cd, and how much space you have used up with the songs you have picked). when you are done compiling it, you will need to pick the 'burn cd' function (or whatever that function is called in roxio). it will then prompt you to insert cd1, cd2, cd3, etc. until it has burned all of the songs from the original cd's onto the new blank one. hope this has been detailed enough. let me know if you have any more questions about it...

wally

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx Alot Wally... that sounds like it would work... I knew it was simple. I will try and report back with any problems.:)

Also, could you respond to this Virus thread that I am about to post as well please.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried your instructions on the CD burner.... it worked fine and did exactly what you said it would do. Thanx.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts