Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
-Aww Dip-
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I recently isntalled this head unit http://www.audioallies.com/GetItem.asp?Item=CQ-C3400U

And my question is, since it has changer controls on it, is there some type of adapter that will allow me to connect this head unit to the pre-wired cd changer? (the plug dosn't fit into the head unit)

Also, does anybody have any recomendations on a dash kit, or i guess, just a pocket kit that would be good for putitng into the lower half of the head unit area? Ya know, so i have a little cubby instead of a hole.

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
DJBacon06 said:
there is no way at all for it to? Dang, thats a bummer...
Not unless you can write a program and converts Pioneers datalink control language to Alpines M-Bus data language. It is kind of like having a Mac run Windows programs. It is possible and has been done, but you need a lot of languange conversions to make it work. I don't believe anyone has anything like that on the market.

·
-Aww Dip-
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChrisK said:
Not unless you can write a program and converts Pioneers datalink control language to Alpines M-Bus data language. It is kind of like having a Mac run Windows programs. It is possible and has been done, but you need a lot of languange conversions to make it work. I don't believe anyone has anything like that on the market.
That really stinks. Can you suggest any after market changers that would work with this? Or is there a fairly good Alpine head unit that would work with the stock changer, that is in the same price range?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.