Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: :confused:

Geez, I'm confused... I have a fully stock setup(all stock speakers, including the original head unit no amp, Non Bose.) My CD changer is the same one that came w/ the car the Alpine CHA-620S or something like that.... Anyway, I noticed something wierd... I played Missy Elliot/Nelly Furtado- Get Ur Freak on Remix, the bass come full through all 4 speakers, I play Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head at, and only the right side comes though all the way with all frequencies incl. bass. Left rear and front seem to only do mids/his (which means background vocals)... so, believing I have a blown speaker(s) I turn on the radio... that Truth Hurts song comes on... and I get full bass from all 4 speakers!!!! Which is good b/c that song has a ill bassline.... but I'm not getting it!!! Why do some songs, play bass in the left and some in both? Is there a way to remedy this....? If you're reading this sentence, thanks for bearing with me, I'm wordy when flustered...:D

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
First to eliminate any simple problems. If your CD changer says Acura on it, it's factory. If it does say Alpine on the front, then somebody installed it after the car left the factory.
Remove the pocket and the changer and follow the cord that comes from the changer. There should be a connection about 6 inches away from the changer. Disconnect the plugs carefully, blow any dust or dirt that may be in the plugs on both ends, then reconnect. See if that helps.

If that doesn't help, you may have a defective head unit, Time to switch to an Alpine head unit.

repost when you check the plug. watch for any frays or any obvious problems with the cord.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the alpine unit uses a different DIN plug that puts things out of phase if plugged into the Acura plug....you need an adapter to convert the connection correctly....Acura did this to prevent just buying the same alpine unit at half the price...they just wanted to make 800 bucks on selling the same CD unit that you could buy for 300.....any good radio/hifi auto shop can do this for about 20 bux

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Moved...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts