Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was coming home from school when a red, debadged Celica with exhaust gives me a nod. We pulled up to a light, but their was a accord in front of me. The light turned green and he drifted to about 5mph and waited for me to catch up. We raced from 5 to 80mph. I can't say that smoked him, but I did win by 3/4 of a car. Probably not the performance model that has 180 hp. Anyone have experience racing these? :D

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Newer model GT-S is fast. Off the line my buddy's 00 celica
(6 speed, CAI, Volk racing rims) beat me by about 1/2 car length cuz my clutch slipped. If I had new clutch I know I can smoke him. On the highway though I win. That was back when my car was stock. Too bad that he traded that car in for a WRX.

·
Registered
282 Posts
would a TYPE 1 auto sedan beat out a celica GT-S? stock for stock now....

·
Registered
463 Posts
a GT-S? Naw man you would get smoked. Those things go 0-60 in low to mid 6s.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I loved the celicas before they changed thier body style to this ****ty style they have now, I read about a guy turning his Celica in to a 4wd twin turbo monster...hmm sounds nice.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
a GT-S? Naw man you would get smoked. Those things go 0-60 in low to mid 6s.
Yea GT-S will smoke legend auto pretty badly. I've seen fastest
0-60 6.6 and slowest 7.3. I guess depends on the driver since it's such a high revving engine. Also I've heard automatic gt-s sux. So my assumption is that typeII auto can take gt-s auto.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
a Type I should be able to beat him. Im sure it has a 6.6 with a magazine pro driver but u wont see anyone pulling that off. And the legend sucks off the line just wait till 2nd or 3rd gear

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I saw a pack of Celicas at the track last year. They were all the new models, all GTS and the were consitantly running 17-18 second 1/4 miles. I was shocked that they were so low in the 1/4 mile. This was when my type 1 auto stock, ran a 16.6. I have never raced one but that is my obsevation from what I saw at the track....:rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
282 Posts
hm. i'm confused now. some people say GT-S can smoke TYPE 1, some people say that they run quarters in 18's and would be beaten by a legend. the reason i ask this is because some guy at my school has a GT-S and acts like he's all that, nobody tryin to race him b/c we know that thing is not that slow...

some other guy at my school, however, has a base accord with the I-4 engine (150 HP), has nothing but rice mods (except a CAI and an aerospeed muffler) and ppl think his car is all that too b/c my school is ignorant.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
kids at skool dont kno crap most of da time................they think ricers r da sh*T........................

hey btw rquest, how was ur visit to binghamton awhile back?? in that thread u mentioned comin up to check out SUNY bing awhile back, we talked abt meetin up maybe but nuttin happened............u plannin on going here still for college?

·
Registered
166 Posts
hold up, who's plainning on coming to bing? aHHAhahaHaha stay away from this school and this town~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this place is boring as hell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts