Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wavey: I'm looking for a few (2,3, or 4) center caps for the wheels on my '87 coupe. Mine look like they've been down 500 miles of bad roads. I think it would be better to replace them than to try and re-paint them. Anyone who has put on after-market wheels have a set of center caps they would part with? None of the hubcap places in the Dallas area have any to sell. Well, one guy did, but, he wanted $80 for 4. Had to pass that offer up.

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
eBay or junkyards is where I always snag em... $80 for 4 is ridiculous. Do you have the shiny or matte finish? If you have the shiny finish, I believe the caps from the G2 Legend and Vigor also fit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine are the matte finnish. And, by the way, what's the best way to repaint the black Acura logo on them? Tiny brush and magnifying glass? Or, spray them with black lacquer and wipe off the overspray? Seems they would be hard to tape off before spraying.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Repainting that is going to be a challenge.
I'd recommend you tape the whole thing off (masking tape is perfect), then use an exacto-blade to trace the letter.

So you need 4 matte-finish centre caps? Let me check real quick.

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
I have 4. =]
Well since he doesn't need em (and if you're selling them), how much? :) Someone jacked a couple of mine so I've got a mix-and-match assortment right now and was actually about to pick a few up off eBay.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Murderotica,

Check your PM's about the caps. And, mine got ripped off (2) at a mall parking lot, in broad daylight. Since then, I've kind of mix-n-matched. Got stung on e-bay when I bought a set of 4. 3 of 'em had broken spring holders on the back and the 4th was scratched beyond repair. Of course, the guy I bought them from never answered my e-mails and all I could do was leave him some nasty feedback.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Well since he doesn't need em (and if you're selling them), how much?
I'm assuming you need gloss finish? PM me an offer for the set.

Check your PM's about the caps...the guy I bought them from never answered my e-mails and all I could do was leave him some nasty feedback.
You have PM.
That's wack... I hate bad transactions. :thumbsdown:

·
Legend driver
198 Posts
Stocker, I've been thinking about the whole Acura lettering problem on these center caps for a while. I think I have a solution. Use an adhesive vinyl sticker. There are places that sell Acura decals on ebay. I got some recently for my fog light covers. Just need to find the right color and size. I wouldn't bother trying to mask and paint. That is just too much effort. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I also have a couple center caps that I could sell if someone wants/needs them...will also be selling my OEM wheels off my G1 coupe as I found a mint set..mine now aren't perfect but still are pretty good...PM me if interested...sorry to thread-jack...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts