Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a friend who's friend wants to race. this is how it breaks down: 94 Legend L sedan Type I auto vs 97 Maxima gle/se stick both completely stock; so i was told

the numbers are as so:

200hp/210lbs-ft torque for my Ledge and 190hp/205lbs-ft torque for the max. it seems as if i have the advantage of power over him, but he is stick and his car is also ligther. i'm thinkin it'll be pretty **** close. i think my friends in a 97 avalon xls (stock) as well as a 98 camry xle (stock) want to join too. i wanna smoke all of them, or at least beat 'em. what type of outcome can i expect?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
TAKE EM AND TELL US THE STORY...MAKE US PROUD!! YOU GOT THIS BRO, JUST BE SAFE.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I think your only problem will be the maxima, those cars just go!

Driving my gf's 95 maxima(auto) has made me fall in love with that car.

But I dont think it can keep up with a G2 auto or stick.
I already found out that it owns the g1 :eek:(

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Jiggy89LS said:

Driving my gf's 95 maxima(auto) has made me fall in love with that car.

(
are you crazy? maximas are no comparison, all my friends like my Legend a lot more than that generation of Maximas. And truthfully, so do I. Now a 93 Max, those are nice, still not that nice.
I've driven my friends 95 and like the way our car drives much more. i couldn't even THINK about falling in love with one of those.
Sorry, i just had to throw in my 2 cent.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
94legendsedan said:
i have a friend who's friend wants to race. this is how it breaks down: 94 Legend L sedan Type I auto vs 97 Maxima gle/se stick both completely stock; so i was told

the numbers are as so:

200hp/210lbs-ft torque for my Ledge and 190hp/205lbs-ft torque for the max. it seems as if i have the advantage of power over him, but he is stick and his car is also ligther. i'm thinkin it'll be pretty **** close. i think my friends in a 97 avalon xls (stock) as well as a 98 camry xle (stock) want to join too. i wanna smoke all of them, or at least beat 'em. what type of outcome can i expect?
I really doubt you can take him, it'll be a close race, but the 4th Gen maximas are fast, especially the 5spd SE model. I don't think it's a gle because all GLE came in auto. I owned a 93 SE, and that thing was fast too. You can probably take him on a hwy race. Don't even try to out corner a SE, the stock sports tuned suspension is much better than Legend stock suspension.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The SE 5-speeds are fast but i raced one from a stop for exactly 1/4 and was half a car ahead. My car was stock and he said his was but he works at Nissan so i dont believe it. Highway u would win.

·
Registered
366 Posts
IMHO....I think the maxima will win....I have a 95 Legend GS sedan with 230 hp and 206lbs of torque.... and I raced against a 98 Maxima Se auto with 190 HP and 205lb torque...BOTH STOCK....I only beat the Maxima because we went up to 80 mph...and beat it by a car length...

The Maxima has a lot of torque and will pull from the beginning...because the Legend..have such good high end power..i was able to come back....

But be careful with them Maximas....and especially he has a stick...i think a stick 93-95 coupe Legend would take it though...

report back with results...

goodluck...and if he/she sucks at the maxima stick...then you might win..

·
Registered
864 Posts
smoovie--smoov said:

are you crazy? maximas are no comparison, all my friends like my Legend a lot more than that generation of Maximas. And truthfully, so do I. Now a 93 Max, those are nice, still not that nice.
I've driven my friends 95 and like the way our car drives much more. i couldn't even THINK about falling in love with one of those.
Sorry, i just had to throw in my 2 cent.
No comparision? Try racing one and you will find out.

Hey im not saying that I would choose a maxima over a legend, all I was saying is that they are our competition and they should not be taken lightly. They are really fast off the line. Those 93 Se maxima engines supposedly had problems and are not as good as the current VQ engines.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Jiggy89LS said:

No comparision? Try racing one and you will find out.

Hey im not saying that I would choose a maxima over a legend, all I was saying is that they are our competition and they should not be taken lightly. They are really fast off the line. Those 93 Se maxima engines supposedly had problems and are not as good as the current VQ engines.
The 92-94 3rd Gen (89-94)Maxima SE was upgraded to the VE engine (190HP) from the VG(160hp) that's in other 3rd Gen maximas. The VE was a extremely powerful and nice engine, it has the same output as the 4th Gen VQ.
The VE engine had some problems with the VTC springs wear therefore causing an annoyingly loud clicking noise from the engine. Suppose the problem did not cause harm to the engine (Nissan TSB) only caused annoyance. The VTC rebuild would cost around $2k at Nissan, $1k at independant shop. Many people just grounded the VTC all together which eliminated the problem, but caused a loss of 1-3hp(from dyno results), but beat shelling out the money.
I know this because I owned a 93 SE, and I had the VTC rebuilt. But it was a really nice car, I miss it a lot. It had pretty much everything my legend had, leather, climate control, a kick ass BOSE stereo system (way better than the Legend premium bose crap), 2 cup holders! Moonroof with TILT! factory fogs, spoiler and whiteface gauges(sort of like reverse indiglos) all standard on the SE. The thing I miss the most is the sports tuned suspension, wow can that car corner.
Don't get me wrong, I really love my legend too, I just wish it had TILT roof, and a better suspension. (can't afford aftermarket suspension yet:( )

·
Registered
701 Posts
Smoke my friend's 97 maxima regularly

Hey all I know is the 97 Maximas r no match for my Coupe

Maybe its the driver but Ive driven it & its not that fast.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a 6SPD coupe, I lose to my friends 96MAX all the time, but he is supercharged. :mad:

:D

Also the Max and the Legend are quite even, with mods, they have more mods available to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.