Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a CD Changer and interfaced it to their factory, NON-Bose deck?

(Using Alexei's method with the aux in interface)

If so, I have some questions.

-FurBall

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
alexei connections are incorrect.

pin 2 - should be r channel
pin 3 - should be l channel
pin 5 - should be +6v input
pin 8 - can be common ground.

tap 12v off the antenna line and feed through a switch to pin 5.

that'll get you going. - feed anything you want - portable mp3/cd players, cd changers etc. this way.

Do not use the FM modulatiob as the FM on the legend is very compressed and has no highs.

Do not dismiss the stock amp and equalizer it is actually pretty good

·
Banned
1,380 Posts
i still say it can't be done.there are no rca jacks in the back and there is no cd controls on the non bose unit.somebody please make a believer out of me.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Yes, done it.

When the input is activated, the display reads "cd".
There are no rca jacks in the back but there is an 8 pin DIN plug.
Connect the center rcas to the right pins on the DIN jack and send 6 volts to a "specific" pin and presto - use the amp and equalizer to drive any input. _ CD changer, mini disks, mp3 players like the ipod, lyra, etc - real cool and of course your portable CD/MP3 player.

Again, the amps in the legend are not decibel killers but they are good - flat and distortion free and you get to use the equalizer and dashboard volume control. With a decent signal - from a cd you'll be shocked how good the system sounds cause the FM is mediocre and the cassette - well it was not too bad.

If you put in a cd changer you'll need to get one with a remote control or display.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i installed an fm changer entirely through my power antenna. takes like 20 minutes. i guess theres a difference in clarity between an fm changer and one directly connected but mine sounds pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts