Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a DIY on how to change the air filter located in the motor bay of the car? Is it an easy fix, or is it necessary to remove the entire tube-looking unit that goes to the motor.

thanks.

(didn't see any information on this in search, just the air cabin filter replacement)

· Im fedex Nigg*
458 Posts
NIce name guy.
Yes it is a very easy fix. There should be 4 little snappy looking things around your airbox,(I think thats what it is called) the back two are kind hard to get to just reachway down there.Once those are unhooked, yes then remove the tubey-lookin ma-bob, you kinda gotta wiggle it off. Then Blam your ready to change the air filter just reverse steps when done and make sure you get the tube back on with a good tight seal.

· Registered
186 Posts
Yeah what he said.. The only thing i suggest is that you take off the tubing/piping after the ECU Box, that way it makes it eaiser to put in the filter, cuz i can never fit my hand in there when you unsnap it.. Maybe you should get a cone filter by K&N instead of a stock one, or an Intake, short ram or CAI you pick..

· Registered
186 Posts
Oops, must have been a brain fart.. ECU- Engine Computer Unit.. I will just call it an "air box", or an air intake box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.