Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

so some dip**** ran into my car in a parking lot ( i cried for days), well anywho, i need to replace my front bumper cover and i was thinking of going with a 1995 bumper cover. is it a direct replacement or do i need to do something special with it? ChrisK i know have done it. any help is much appreciated. Also Chris, do you still have your original right hand headlight assembly? theres no way in hell i am going to pay $500+ for a new one. thanks,

91coupeLS

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah insurance will cover it, but i can buy my own parts and have my friend do the work...the payout from insurance was $2600, so as much of that i can skim off the top the better ( college = poor unfortunately) i need some extra money for beer! i am collecting parts on my own to save some of that $2600.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm no Chris Kam, but I did the bumper change too, no need additional stuff, just need the bumper cover. The bumper light is interchangeable too, so it is pretty straight forward swap. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome thanks. i am trying to go as cheaply as possible on this thing so if any of you know where a good place on the net is for oem parts at discount prices it would be much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
In upgrading to a 95-95 bumper you will also require the 94-95 spoiler as well as the 94-95 front license plate bracket. It may be less expensive to buy a complete used front bumper assy if the damage is more than the cover. Check www.car-part.com for it. I located one a couple of yrs ago for $450 shipped to MA from CA. For new OEM: Acura of Augusta 1-800-736-6818. Depending upon how hard you were hit, you may need new bumper slides as well as a pull and/or beam. There is no adjustment to be made; the bumper either fits or you need to repair replace parts.

If the cover has suffered a small tear, there are repair kits.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Parts needed are the bumper cover, the lower spoiler lip, the foglight inserts, and the front license plate braket from a 94-95 years. Be sure to keep all the clips from your original bumper so you can transfer them to the new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts