Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off how do you get the emblem off the trunk? it's so hard! second, i bought that after market one that has wires and lights up blue with it is connected to a power source...any body have ideas on how this is done? there seems to be some kind of fuzzy cover on the ceiling of the trunk, and i think this needs to be removed in order to put the new emblem on and have wires running through. btw the emblem i bought was the one on ebay that you see is white and lights up blue...anybody can help?

·
Registered
60 Posts
We where able to take the emblems off of my dad's car by taking fishing line and running it behind the eblem, it leaves a little bit of glue on the car but you can get that right off.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Fish line does work good, with the color emblems you should connect it to dimmer on the tail lights so that when you turn on your lights the emblem will turn on then. Can be found with a simple volt meter (just look for when your meter reads 12volts (or so could be a little higher or lower) when you turn on the lights and 0volts (.02+) when you turn off the lights.

Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do you connect the wires to the tails? theres some holes in the hood, and the wires can run through, but theres this fuzzy thing on the ceiling of the trunk that prevents the wires from going to the tails...right? somebody show me some pics please

·
Registered
127 Posts
That "fuzzy thing" should be the trunk liner. If you look all around the edges, there should be a bunch of plastic screws. Just unscrew them all and the liner will come right out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do you unscrew a plastic screw that has no hole in it for a screwdriver???

·
Registered
127 Posts
Maybe I am misreading your question. Are you talking about the liner on the ceiling of the trunk itself (as in directly underneath the rear window), or the liner on the back of the trunk lid (as in the part that swings up when you open it)?

On the trunk lid, there should be plastic screws. On my '95 Coupe, there are 14 of them, and they look like this...

These just unscrew and pop out.

If you're talking about the trunk itself, then the liner is held in on the sides and top by plastic clips, and they look like this...

(Sorry for the blurry picture)
They are very similar to the clips that are used in the door panels. Basically, they're a screw with flanges instead of threads, and you just push them in, rather than twist. Most auto shops (Kragen, Pep Boys, Napa, etc.) sell trim removal tools. The removal tool is just a glorified flat screwdriver with a notch in it, but it's also only a couple of bucks. You can try getting on both sides of the clip with two screwdrivers at the same time, or just buy the tool. You might want to buy a few replacement clips as well, since a few of them always seem to get broken. Either way, just pry away from the body and the clip should just pop right out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
C'mon man, you can do it put ya' back into it! Those plastic screws pop out, but not on their own :rolleyes: . You have to look at the screw and think about carefully pulling it out. Once you see one come out you'll understand the concept. These are the chances we take in doing mods to our rides :) .

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks, once the emblem goes on, anyhbody kno where im supposed to connect the wires to?

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you want to connect them to the rear lights (or brake lights) you can run your power under that carpet, into the trough where the trunk pop wires go on the left, then behind the carpet to your left taillight porer and ground. I hope you have a multimeter or tester. If you don't yet, GET ONE. Any MODS you do that require power, you'll need one. Look out for future MODS :) . Holla!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts