Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is possible to change ones user name - I have decided to use a new name - I have used it on two other forums, and jsut wanted to see if I can switch it.

My other solution is to register under a the new name, but I guess I wouldnt have access to my other postings and replies (start from scratch) - my count isnt high, plus I am not that much of a count fanatic, so that wouldnt be a problem. I would just have to reintroduce myself

"Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is hov, h to the ov...."

that song popped into my head just then, sorry.

· EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,675 Posts
Regniffet said:
It is possible to change ones user name - I have decided to use a new name - I have used it on two other forums, and jsut wanted to see if I can switch it.
My other solution is to register under a the new name, but I guess I wouldnt have access to my other postings and replies (start from scratch) - my count isnt high, plus I am not that much of a count fanatic, so that wouldnt be a problem. I would just have to reintroduce myself

"Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is hov, h to the ov...."
that song popped into my head just then, sorry.
Why do you want to do that? Your SN is so deep in my mind, so then I have to learn a new SN. Try to keep yours, it's better for you and the other members ;) -Mike

BTW: This reminds me of Mike Diaz, formerly known as 'LuvMyLegend'

· EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,675 Posts
Regniffet said:
Yea, I figured as much, so I PM'd him with the reason and the new name - thanks for checking though.
No problem ;). It could be that Lee needs a lil bit time just because he's very busy right now. Please wait, ok? I'm sure he can help you! -Mike

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you ;) . I just wanted to separate certain aspect of my online life from my real life. My friends actually call me Reg sometimes, because Regniffet is actually T. Effinger backwards (my real name).

I have another question - I was always told that my last name is originally a common German name (there's actually a family history attached). Do you have many Effinger's in Germany?

It may sound like an odd question, but I am African American and Effinger is not a common name among us. I have never seen that name anywhere else in the USA. My father once got an invitation to a World Family Reunion in Germany. He didn't go.

· EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,675 Posts
Regniffet said:
Thank you ;) . I just wanted to separate certain aspect of my online life from my real life. My friends actually call me Reg sometimes, because Regniffet is actually T. Effinger backwards (my real name).

I have another question - I was always told that my last name is originally a common German name (there's actually a family history attached). Do you have many Effinger's in Germany?

It may sound like an odd question, but I am African American and Effinger is not a common name among us. I have never seen that name anywhere else in the USA. My father once got an invitation to a World Family Reunion in Germany. He didn't go.
Yes I was about to ask you the same, because "Effinger" is a german name. See here, I did a search and I just found 279 entries, and one "Effinger lives closest to me in Cologne. How small the world sometimes is... ;) -Mike

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's real interesting. My grandfather told me this story years ago, (of course he was old and a bit senile - so some of it may or may not be true)

He said during slavery times in the USA, there was a German merchant named Hermann Effinger that came over to the USA and purchased a single slave - He didnt want to be a slave owner, he just wanted one person to help cultivate the land he bought in Alabama - the slave used the slave owners name and after a while was freed but he stayed on until the man died. Then the slave left the farm and married a Chickasaw (Native American Indian tribe) woman and lived in the southern area of the US and the rest is history.

That's basically why we have that name according to my grandfather. One of my aunts started to do some research to trace our family tree - we even have a "Coat of arms", which was said to have been made by the grandson of the slave (but that I dont believe because it looks too new).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.