Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchase my 95 acura Legend and put some 17's on it. It need some new tires very badly! Went to a few places and at the time money was where i wanted it to be....so I looked online. I came across a website called tires-easy.com - the home of low tire prices for cars, 4x4's and vans The prices were great for some excellent name brand tires. I purchased a pair of Lexani N3000 for less than $70 a tire.:woot: Check em out. Excellent prices and very fast shipment! Hope yall find some the tires that suits u.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Built by these people.

Nexen Tire Corporation
30 Yusan-dong Yangsan-shi
Gyeongsangnam-do, Kyongnam 626-230
KOREA (SOUTH)
+1, Do you really want to cheap out on the only thing that keeps you connected to the road, influences the control of your car, and one of the biggest components of your brakes? For some reason, most people seem to over look the role tires play.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
There are numerous positive reviews on the Nexens.

I'm running Nexen N7000 on my Legend and Dunlop Direzza on my Lexus. I can't stand the Dunlops because they are so loud. And they're more than double the price.

You take your chances with the major brands too. Remember years ago Firestone almost went out of business because of blow-out on the FORDs?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I think any half decent tire would be fine as long as you drive lawfully and don't pull any Mario Andretti moves on the road. I've always put used tires on my car; you can get Michelins, Dunlops with 60-70% (sometimes even 80%) tread for $40 each, installation included, in the Toronto Area.

·
Registered
344 Posts
yep, I have Nexen N3000's 18's and can't complain about it. Had some BFG's on prior and for the price difference, not much of a difference on the road. Of course I only do daily driving. For the price, it was well worth it. Would recommend.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
:yes: I couldn't agree more.
here here! I currently run pirellis on my accord. I have cheap tires on the legend but only because I am making sure all my suspension issues are taken care of before i get good tires.

·
93 LEGEND LS 3.5L
757 Posts
Let"s be honest, would you wear a pair of payless shoes with a Gucci suit?

Or buy $100 jeans to go with the new pair of shaq sneakers from payless?

I agree strongly, tires are are not to be taken lightly, the only time you should get a cheap tire is when you catch a flat in the middle of the night and have to get a used one put on for the time being......

I seen a civic that was broken down with very good tires on, now that says alot....

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm curious... what are you implying about my Nexen versus the Michelin or Pirelli?

If you drive an hour with each set not knowing which was on, pull the same G's, can you tell which tire you're driving? And if you get 35K miles out of both tires what have you gained by spending $100 more per tire?

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I'm curious... what are you implying about my Nexen versus the Michelin or Pirelli?

If you drive an hour with each set not knowing which was on, pull the same G's, can you tell which tire you're driving? And if you get 35K miles out of both tires what have you gained by spending $100 more per tire?
yes i could tell the difference between pirellis vs other tires. plus my pirellis are rated for 80000 miles. not knocking your choice or anything, it's just that your life really depends on your tires.

·
Dont Catch
4,530 Posts

let an experienced track driver spend a weekend with those tires and ask if he/she can tell you a difference...

btw any proof they'll pull the same amount of g's ????

take a look at car and drivers article on their test of 11 summer tires and you'll see some differences in performance even within the same category.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.