Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, as I'm channel surfing on this fine snow day I have, I see an infomercial that says their product will give better gas millage and more horsepower. You pop it in the air intake and it's supposed to spin the air coming in and therefore give a better air/fuel ratio. I'd like to believe something will give me better gas millage, but first off, it's a TV informercial. Secondly, i thought gas millage was almost always sacrificed for power and vice versa, but not both. The website is http://www.tornadofuelsaver.com/info/ If any of you have any ideas on this I'd love to hear them, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
270 Posts
I heard that it was made of very thin aluminum (pop can thin) and the person cut their hand putting it in, didn't notice a difference and said that it had worked it's way sideways, so it wasn't even doing what it was supposed to... He said it was a BIG waste of money !!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i fell into that trap a few years ago. it's garbage. you can make it u'rself if you really want on. just go to homedepot and buy a sheet of aluminum for 3 bux.

-j

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
CC: From Legend.Org Reply...

It doesn't do anything except lighten your wallet.

It has been long since the consensus here that this product doesn't work the way they say it should. Not long ago, I read an article by Car and Driver, I believe regarding their long-term test of a BMW 540. The installed a Tornado and ran it on a dyno. No difference whatsoever; not even with gas mileage

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wouldn’t matter anyway. Let’s say that works exactly like it is supposed to... As soon as that swirling air hits the labyrinth of an intake manifold of ours, its going to get all beat up anyway

·
Registered
180 Posts
nope dosen't work, people are developing something like that for import cars though, its ikle a foam filter with metal ring's surronding it. You see them in magazines such as import tuner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts