Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while me and my brother went for a drive last night to check out and listen to my new speakers my check engine light came on!!! I paniced and pulled over right away and shut the car off. It was dark and I checked under the hood--couldn't see anything. My brother suggested to try starting it again so I did --->No problems. I haven't had the light go on since then. What was (is) the cause of the light going on?!?!?Is my engine going to go??? What should I do??

P.S It's not on anymore I'm just afraid it will go on again!. Also my SRS light has been on for about a month. What things should I do for that as well??? Is there some way I could reset the system or something??? Well just let me know if you know!:(

·
Registered
702 Posts
if nothing seems wrong besides the light, i say wait and see if it comes on again. if it does, then definitely get it checked out...but the light malfunctioning once can happen...so long as it doesn't stay on when you turn car off and on, you're okay for now.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
SUDDENLY!!!!!!!!! oh my god, you'd think it would have the good sense to slowly fade on. Jump the connector, count the blinks, see service manual for cause or post blink count here. I'd be more worried about the srs lite.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
My Check Engine light came on, when my VSS acts up, it basically it means the Computer system picked up an error most of the time. However, the code didn't store on mine =/

So, something got picked up, something is possibly faulty, jump the service connector wire and see if there's a code stored. My service connector switch had some sort of clip-on to protect it.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
PSA said:
SUDDENLY!!!!!!!!! oh my god, you'd think it would have the good sense to slowly fade on.
Sometimes, you are ALMOST there w/ me in terms of sarcasm.
Wow, that brought a good laugh. LOL.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I don't know about the fading, it would be cool to have a little meter though,

Green: Everything is OKAY! (this one never goes off)
Yellow: Somethings Phocking Wrong!
Red: You're totally screwed now buddy

or how about a Pre-CheckEngine light? Turns itself on right before the actual check engine light comes on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.