Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my check engine light goes on after a few minutes of driving and when i turn off my engine and turn the key to the on position and look under the passenger seat i dont get a code does. does that mean the light is broke or something?

· Registered
323 Posts
On a coupe, isn't the light under the dash? You should have to pull the carpet away from the firewall, nearest the center console, and the ECU indicator should be there. I may be wrong, but, that's where mine is.

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace your oxygen (02) sensors. Does the check light come on when you accelerate, and then go out when you turn the ignition off and back on again?

· Registered
174 Posts
That symptom isn't limited to O2 sensors. It could be any number of things which "reset" themselves (i.e., don't register a fault except under a particular condition of throttle/load/temp/rpm),from a fault in the throttle sensor to the EGR valve. What he needs to do is look at the correct control unit to get a code, which is under the passenger side carpet just below the dash.

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Cruz'nLegend is absolutely right. But, the most common cause is bad O2 sensors.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, so the ECU is near the center console underneath the carpet under the dash and not under the seat correct? i was told from a search on here for "check engine code" that it was under the passenger seat. i will look later today thanks guys.

· Registered
1,723 Posts
teins4me said:
ok, so the ECU is near the center console underneath the carpet under the dash and not under the seat correct? i was told from a search on here for "check engine code" that it was under the passenger seat. i will look later today thanks guys.
The coupe and sedan ECUs are in different locations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.