Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light recently came on my '93 Legend coupe L. Brought it in to an Acura dealer to have it check out. I also brought it in for timing belt, water pump and 90k miles maintanence. Service manager 1st said he put some cleaner in da engine to clean it out. Seem to work when i drove da car home but next day it came back on. Brought da car back to dealer, he said manifold pipes are clogged, they cleaned that out. Drove car back home and again light came back. Brought car back da 3rd time. the mechanic when thru da whole system saying my car is fine but the check engine light. Does any1 have any idea? Another thing, da mechanic said it was a soft code not a hard code. They just told me to monitor it and problem is intermittent. How can it be intermittent if i comes on after 5 mins. of driving? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
bill

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Anytime you get a "Check Engine" light, all it means is that you have an emissions control-related problem and your dealer should know that. The fact that they can't figure it out would make me look elsewhere for a solution. Probably an 02 sensor or EGR valve, though. Good luck---

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Under the carpet in the front passenger footwell is your ECU. There is a small service connector plug that is above it. Jump it with a paper clip and turn the ignition on (don't have to start it). Count the number of blinks that you get from the check engine light. Short blinks represent 1-9. Long blinks represent 10.

Come back here with the code, and someone here will tell you what's wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts