Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
Great looking car! Now just get a tint and get rid of that pin stripe.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mondonalds said:
Great looking car! Now just get a tint and get rid of that pin stripe.
what sucks is that the pin stripe is painted on there...so the only way to get it off is to get it re-painted and i like the factory granada black pearl
 

· Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AcuraFan19 said:
if its the origional pinstripe then its not painted, it will peel off. Looks good by the way.
thanks....but yah im pretty sure its not the original b.c its def. painted on there
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,249 Posts
mondonalds said:
...and get rid of that pin stripe.
ARRRRRGGGGGG THE CURSE OF THE DREADED "GOLD" PINSTRIP RUINS YET ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL CAR. :mad:

I got that freaking thing too, and I just want to take a razor blade to it every time I see it.

I wonder whose bright idea it was to put a "GOLD" pinstrip on a chrome accented car anyway? :vomit:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
My gold pinstripe was baked on in the Texas sun for twelve years. I had to wet sand if off and then buff the spots afterwards to get rid of the sand marks.


Good looking car by the way. Looks like something sitting in my driveway with a busted axle and inner tie rod. I'm getting really tired of throwing money at this thing :mad:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Regniffet said:
ARRRRRGGGGGG THE CURSE OF THE DREADED "GOLD" PINSTRIP RUINS YET ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL CAR. :mad:

I got that freaking thing too, and I just want to take a razor blade to it every time I see it.

I wonder whose bright idea it was to put a "GOLD" pinstrip on a chrome accented car anyway? :vomit:
thats a really good point! i had never even thought about that, mine is like a goldish yellow with like a burnt orange/red stripe right under it
 

· Call me Mister
Joined
·
707 Posts
First, there were no factory applied pinstripes on the Legend, tape or otherwise.
Your stripe was added later, likely at the dealership by a subcontract striper. I was such a person for 20+ years, striping many thousands of vehicles, probably tens of thousands, I wasn't counting- so I know a bit about the issue. :)
I know how to safely remove all types of striping. If you are interested I can provide you with the info.
 

· Spiral descent
Joined
·
5,040 Posts
Maybe you could get the gold package to match the pin stripe. :D
So, it looks like the previous owner did a few mods huh?
Aftermarket fogs (is one crooked?), side marker lights, mesh grille, anything else? Is it that easy to swap out the mesh for the OEM and back again? Which one are you gonna keep?

Oh, and I think your e-brake may need adjustment. It looks kinda high. Your left bumper signal is bad too. Probably fills with water easily. Same thing happened to mine. I just got some clear bumper lenses which are a lot cheaper and usually better looking than OEM.

Your rims look great, I wish mine looked that good. :2cool:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
telafonic said:
Maybe you could get the gold package to match the pin stripe. :D
So, it looks like the previous owner did a few mods huh?
Aftermarket fogs (is one crooked?), side marker lights, mesh grille, anything else? Is it that easy to swap out the mesh for the OEM and back again? Which one are you gonna keep?

Oh, and I think your e-brake may need adjustment. It looks kinda high. Your left bumper signal is bad too. Probably fills with water easily. Same thing happened to mine. I just got some clear bumper lenses which are a lot cheaper and usually better looking than OEM.

Your rims look great, I wish mine looked that good. :2cool:
yep def. looks like they did a few mods, right when i pulled up i said i have got to get rid of the mesh grille, its horrible, so i took it home and all you need is a phillips and a 10mm socket and its simple to take out. i do like the side marker lights a lot. i dont like the fogs they just look cheap, if i take them out there would be a hole in each side of the bottom grille so i have yet to do that since i dont know what to fill it up with.

i dk about the e-brake, it seems fine to me. yes i do know the left signal is covered in an orange film, and i was planning on buying the clear ones along with clear corners i just havent yet.

and yes the rims were def a selling feature to me
 

· Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
G Rahn said:
First, there were no factory applied pinstripes on the Legend, tape or otherwise.
Your stripe was added later, likely at the dealership by a subcontract striper. I was such a person for 20+ years, striping many thousands of vehicles, probably tens of thousands, I wasn't counting- so I know a bit about the issue. :)
I know how to safely remove all types of striping. If you are interested I can provide you with the info.
i wouldnt mind knowing hot to remove them, but like i said i think they are painted on there
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top