MB Quart DTC 3-Way Coaxial Pair 6X9

Rear Deck Tweeters:
ALPINE 6010EX Balanced Dome Tweeters
OR
ALPINE SPS-1005 Dome Tweeters 120W

Sub:
JL Audio 10W0-4 (currently have) 125W

AMPS:
ALPINE MRV-F307 AMP 4 CHANNEL (running the 6.5 & 6X9's)
Deck running the tweeters
Pioneer (BS) 90W amp running sub (currently have)

OK now all this stuff I WANT. he he:) but want to know which would be the best for not too too CRISP (ear bleeding) sound from tweeters.. But I want the vocals to be clear and there to be BASS. That why I choose the JL 6X9 for the (rear) for more interior bass and the MB Quarts for the vocal (front) and some more bass.

What would you reccomend?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
couple suggustions

if you're going to go with MB quartz for sure for the front, might as well go with MB in the back. Don't mix and match speakers, because different speaker manufactures sound different.

I would scratch out the rear deck tweeters, it's not worth it. I doubt you'll be able to hear them between your 6x9s and subs. 3 way 6x9 should give you enough imaging.

If you don't want tweeters to sound so harsh, go with soft dome tweeters, like silk dome. Don't go with metalic domes.

Other than that, every thing else looks good.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
WhiteLegend said:
couple suggustions

if you're going to go with MB quartz for sure for the front, might as well go with MB in the back. Don't mix and match speakers, because different speaker manufactures sound different.

I would scratch out the rear deck tweeters, it's not worth it. I doubt you'll be able to hear them between your 6x9s and subs. 3 way 6x9 should give you enough imaging.

If you don't want tweeters to sound so harsh, go with soft dome tweeters, like silk dome. Don't go with metalic domes.

Other than that, every thing else looks good.
WhiteLegend is right. looks like u'r gonna be putting in some cash for the system. i would scratch the tweeters in the back.
here's my setup:
psd's in the front
quart 3way 6x9's in the rear
coming soon, kicker 12L7's in the trunk.
all powered with alpine amps.

some people like it loud in the back but in my opinion, it completely messes up the staging.
-j

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aiznpride

You have an Apine amp running the front and rear speakers? Is it a 4 cahnnel amp if so which one?

·
Registered
313 Posts
would the MB Quart 6x9s go well with the Diamond Audio 600s in the front? Also, What would you guys think about another pair of the Diamond Audio 6.5 S600s in the rear deck? I'm getting a pretty good deal on two sets of them.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Re: Aiznpride

Thai.95LCoupe said:
You have an Apine amp running the front and rear speakers? Is it a 4 cahnnel amp if so which one?
i have the MRV-F307 running the speakers and the 1507 for the subs. i'm looking to upgrade to the 407 this weekend.
-j

1 - 6 of 6 Posts