Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also just noticed that in the description it says that it has 230hp. However, seeing as though it has gagues of a Type I and is a 1991, I think the seller is mistaken

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Hmmm, the blue cloth interior I believe was only available in 91 and 92 because a friend of mines has the blue cloth interior. As far as the wood trim, I must say it looks good and it might be the ones from ebay, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
im a little confused...it has a GS shifter, the wood trim looks stock, and there is no way in h ell that you can tell from those pictures if the speedo only goes to 140.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
and also it is possible from these years, i don't know why you would, that the person who purchased this car new requested the cloth interior instead of leathers. i'm just fishin for an answer here, any input?

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
The wood trim is aftermarket. notice how the upper vents and climate control have wood around them - that was never offered from the factory. I know because I have the same kit.
Also, even the parts of the trim that *could* be factory are not. Look at the trim on the centre console (around the shifter) notice how the wood directly below the parking brake handle doesn't wrap around the side like the factory trim would?
Its not original, but it is real wood veneer and the kits do look pretty nice. Those of you who do have factory wood can contact the makers of these aftermarket kits and order matching upper trim pieces for around your climate control and vents - makes a really nice addition.

As for the cloth - I have cloth and my father has leather. both cars have over 140,000 miles and both cars are from 91. My cloth looks like new and his leather (despite all the cleaning and conditioning) is starting to crack and fade. Also, cloth is cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter (although we both have seat heaters). I like the look of leather, but cloth is way more practical and lasts longer.....

Dave.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
smoovie--smoov
You can tell that it is a 140mph speedo because the numbers aren't spaced as far apart compared to a Type II--look into it, you'll notice the difference

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Octane said:
The wood trim is aftermarket. notice how the upper vents and climate control have wood around them - that was never offered from the factory. I know because I have the same kit.
Also, even the parts of the trim that *could* be factory are not. Look at the trim on the centre console (around the shifter) notice how the wood directly below the parking brake handle doesn't wrap around the side like the factory trim would?
Its not original, but it is real wood veneer and the kits do look pretty nice. Those of you who do have factory wood can contact the makers of these aftermarket kits and order matching upper trim pieces for around your climate control and vents - makes a really nice addition.

Dave.
good eye... :D I didn't look hard enough and notice the wood on the upper vents. But it is indeed a Type I, unless he has a hybrid.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
yep,yep...i'm starting to see, i overlooked a lot of things that i would normally catch, it's just one of those days, hehe.

G

·
I think that if it was a hybrid he would have said so, or would that actually decrease the value :(. It is a very nice looking base model 91 coupe. For someone that is willing to deal with the problems that come along with coupe with that many miles its a pretty good deal. Plus, most legends from that year have cracking leather and will end up replacing it anyways so if you have cloth its really no downside. The base model wasn't missing much else other than the leather interior, is it?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Hardly to believe it. I´ve never seen a Legend (KA8#), which is equipped with velour! I thought, that our cars are only have tan leather interior...

Is the wood dash aftermarket ? YES ! Honda/Acura are only
equipped with wood by the Center console (complete) and the switches (lh & rh) side. The rest of that is aftermarket !!!
Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Yes, it is aftermarket...Another way to tell if it there is wood grain around the door handle/lock/memory seats on drivers side...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
where can a person get a wood dash that looks that nice. I thought it was LS wood trim at first.
A friend got his dash kit from exoticwooddash.com and it didn't look that nice at all?

Where can I get that wood dash kit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts