Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys im gonna paint my coupe and i plan on painting the side skirts. I know that the seal on the door is rubber and cannot be painted. 94 and 95 legends came with that rubber piece in a matching color. I went to acura and they wanted like 400 for each seal. I went on this website and found it for 289, anyone know where i can get this piece for a cheaper price.

Acura Parts @ AcuraOEMparts.com - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Delray Acura

Should i just paint that rubber piece and hope that it doesnt chip and crack too bad. Is there any special paint or coating i can put on that ruber piece that would make it last and not chip and crack?

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
yea, they ARE very expensive. you can try car-part.com but GL this is one of these peices that comes off and DOESN'T get reused. although i have been able to carefully remove a set in the past with out damaging. GL with the hunt!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guys i have been calling local acura's and they are pretty much all telling me to just paint the part myself because the part is pricey. They said that it would be cheaper for me to paint the part than to have them sell me one painted. Yes they did say the rubber part is painted. This is whats confusing me because i always thought that the piece was made from rubber that matched a specific oem color. For example red car = red rubber. Can someone clarify this. Is the piece painted or is the rubber material naturally that color? If the oem painted ones are truely painted then how do they keep them from cracking?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
The OEM painted ones aren't painted all the way to the bottom edge, the very bottom portion where the seal flexes is left unpainted. You can have a plain one painted, if it's done right it will hold up ok. I had 2 sets done, first set cracked after a while, 2nd set has been fine. If they add flex agent to the paint it seems to work. A good body shop will know what to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.