Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a reputable mechanic in the northside chicago area (or lincolnwood/skokie/evanston) area that you yourself would trust your legend with?

thanks in advance!

finally! after like 23847239847198537 tries the thread goes up!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just took my Acura to a place in Algonquin, that my be too far West for you... I don't know. They installed a new radiator for me and Dave the service guy seems to be real decent. I know they're remodeling (I drove by and it looked a little iffy) but I found out they are totally redoing their showroom and they have a decent amount of nice cars there. I saw a G500 sitting in the lot.

Francen & Son Foreign Car Repair
1650 E Algonquin Rd
Algonquin, IL

With me being in South Barrington, they're relatively close to me. If you do use them tell them Doug with the blue Acura sent ya :2cool: , maybe they'll give me a discount! HEHE

If you find anyone else, let me know! I'm interested too!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've never taken my legend to a shop in the three years that I have owned it so far. All the work has been done by myself or my dad. So I guess I can't be of help. But I think the best mechanic would be yourself. Just invest in a Haynes or Chilton's, you'll save yourself a lot of money. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nick Gorski said:
no way...take it either to Acura Of Libertyville OR Kristoph's Automotive in Libertyville/Vernon Hills on Rockland.
Gosh, Libertyville? Too far away.

"Muller's" Woodfield Acura sucks - I hate that place. Incompetent unhelpful people who try to rip you off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello,

I recently relocated to the Chicago area and am looking for a good discount mechanic who specializes in Honda products. I had one such in Arizona. He was from eastern Europe, operated his own garage, and had the ability to engineer his own tools or parts when at a loss. Thanks for any referrals you can provide! I am located in the Bucktown area, on Damon Ave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.