Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked in the manual the other day and noticed that my car supposedly has Child Seat Anchors so I could put a Child's seat in my car and anchor it. But, when I look at my back deck, I see no holes to anchor it to. Is this only available on some models or what?

·
Registered
996 Posts
You have to drill the hole. My coupe came with the anchor on there, and it just looks like they drilled through the deck (sucks for me, since I don't have a kid!)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ScotcH said:
You have to drill the hole. My coupe came with the anchor on there, and it just looks like they drilled through the deck (sucks for me, since I don't have a kid!)
I don't have a kid either, but we often take my niece and she still needs to ride in one since she is only 3 and though my tint works nicelyat night, it's just not worth the risk on safety! :)

Drill? The rear deck looks so smooth. So your telling me that there are 2 different rear decks that one could get -- 1 with the anchors showing or covered somehow and 1 without any anchors showing (seemless install)?

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Actually, I believe that the holes are pre-drilled (and threaded), and can be seen from the trunk. There are three points that you can choose from; one on each side and one in the middle.

According to the owner's manual, once you locate the attachment point that you want to use, simply use an awl or ice pick to make a hole through your rear shelf to mark the spot. Then use a razor blade to cut a 1" diameter hole around the hole you punched, and mount the hardware.

If you need to get the mounting hardware, apparently, you can get it from Acura.

The manual states that you can ask for it by writing to:

Acura Automobile Division
Customer Relations Office
American Honda Motor Co. Inc.
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

·
Registered
996 Posts
LegendGS said:
Actually, I believe that the holes are pre-drilled (and threaded), and can be seen from the trunk. There are three points that you can choose from; one on each side and one in the middle.

According to the owner's manual, once you locate the attachment point that you want to use, simply use an awl or ice pick to make a hole through your rear shelf to mark the spot. Then use a razor blade to cut a 1" diameter hole around the hole you punched, and mount the hardware.
What he said :) (However, I'd use a 1" spade drill bit for a cleaner cut)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Actually, LegendGS is right, there are three threaded hardpoints under the rear deck. I have ordered the parts from the local dealer, at $9.00 each. The part number is: 82410-5E3-C01. I hope they fit the interior nicely, I don't want a couple of 3" eye-bolts sticking out of my back deck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.