Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just woke up and my mom IM's me on MSN saying "You may hear later that a plane crashed in China, killing 225 people, but it's NOT Daddy's plane." My face like fricken flexed or convulsed or something, instant racing heartbeat....The plane that crashed is the same airline my dad is using to fly to China:(...known to have a troubled safety history....Anyways, keep my dad/others I guess in your prayers if you pray...Thanks guys...Gosh this is scary...
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiap...rash/index.html

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yah..

Yah,

My dad just got back from a trip yesterday and then this comes on.....

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Definitely a scary thing to wake up to, Just leave it to God bro, he looks out for all of us even when we forget he's there, I'll def keep you all in my prayers :)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Yes, its been pretty scary with China Airlines lately – I think 3 of their plane’s went down of late. My prayers are with all out there!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'll be hoping for the best for you and yor family, Matt

·
2,873 Posts
I've flown China Airlines a few times to and from Taiwan and let me say they suck. Service sucks and their safety standards are a bit subpar. I'll be flying EVA or Northwest from now on......

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
C25A1guy said:
My mom just told me like 5 min ago. The name is Kuo Liang Chen.
So is that your dad?

·
Registered
847 Posts
plane disassembled in Taiwan, not China. And China Airline is actually a Taiwanese Airline company.

Well, China airline sucks because it was owned by KMT:rolleyes: Even presidents don't use it when it is mostly owned by the government, lol~

Definitely Eva, Northwest, Singapore, and other airlines whenever you travel to Taiwan:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
My prayers with you too Dean. It's really scary. I heard that China Air on average has a 7% problem rate with all their flights...meaning that for every 100 flights, 7 of them has something go wrong. Not necessarily crashing, but maybe engine problems, landing / take off problems, etc... included.

They attribute it to poor maintenance and a lot of the local Asian flights (between Asian countries) are flown by inexperienced pilots. Some of them are ok, eg the ones who served in the Taiwanese air force as career military personel; but a lot of them are newbies who get promoted to captain after 2-3 years of experience only !

But don't worry tho, I heard that for most of the international flights from US to Asia, they hire foreigners to fly the planes (Americans, Europeans).

I agree, their service is mediocre. I've flown with Singapore on their business class....man, it's better than living at home with a maid in the house! I'm looking forward to going with Cathay sometime...heard they pamper you even more :D

·
Registered
812 Posts
The same night I landed in HK back in August 99, a China airline crashed landed at the same airport.

But Dean - we're pullling for u & your family!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts