Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many members are Chinese here, I would like to know you guys and say hi

Oh, BTW, Happy Chinese New Years to all the members, and thank you all for being so helpful.

Last Saturday, it took me 5 hours to clean and wax my baby (according to Chinese Tradition, before new year comes, you need to take shower???!!, cut your hair, and most importantly, do not forget to wear new cloth....hehehe, well, so, i did not forget to dress up my baby...la!!!). Next day, i took two rolls of film to catch its beauty. hope they come out great.

I will post them in gallery ASAP.

:D :D :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
chinese here...Jeff Lee

I thought you weren't suppoised to wash your hair for fear of washing away good luck?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha

Hi there

So, you are in CA then! I am in CT.

Your GS looks very nice. I just got my LS from a good friend, who moved to Singapore recently.

Right now is not a good weather for working on the car, it is so cold here, man, can not wait for the spring comes, so, i can do some serious job on my car.

:( :( :(

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to deactivateurhate

did you get some this year? dude!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Re: ha

welovelegend said:
Hi there

So, you are in CA then! I am in CT.

Your GS looks very nice. I just got my LS from a good friend, who moved to Singapore recently.

Right now is not a good weather for working on the car, it is so cold here, man, can not wait for the spring comes, so, i can do some serious job on my car.

:( :( :(
Another Chinese not very far from you in MA, hehehhe........... Happy New Year too...........:D :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Chinese here! Identify as Cantonese, but I'm a mutt of different regions. Already spent my $$$ on new rims. >) I love Chinese New Years!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello all

Nice to meet you guys down here, Happy Chinese New Year to you all.

Did you guys have a good dinner??? drunk??? i almost did;) ;)

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
wo shi zhong guo ren

Stupid pinyin.

- ek

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
E K said:
wo shi zhong guo ren

Stupid pinyin.

- ek
Hey don't knock it. I sucked so bad at writing the actual characters that when it came time for an essay or something, I filled in the blanks with pinyin. :D Failed anyway. :p :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool

So, guys, which part of China are you guys from?

I am from Shanghai.

talk to you all soon!!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
I am 1/2 Chinese, and 1/2 Okinawan. Although most people just think I'm Chinese since my last name is Kam. I was born and raised in Hawaii USA, and I pretty much have no knowledge of either side of my ethnic background. I don't know when my Kam side of the family came to the US, but I do know that my Great Grandparents came over from Okinawa by somewhat of a mistake. They were supposed to catch a boad to the Philipeans for work, but cought a boat to Hawaii instead :)I'm the 4th generation on my Okinawan side.

·
Registered
802 Posts
ChrisK said:
I am 1/2 Chinese, and 1/2 Okinawan. Although most people just think I'm Chinese since my last name is Kam. I was born and raised in Hawaii USA, and I pretty much have no knowledge of either side of my ethnic background. I don't know when my Kam side of the family came to the US, but I do know that my Great Grandparents came over from Okinawa by somewhat of a mistake. They were supposed to catch a boad to the Philipeans for work, but cought a boat to Hawaii instead :)I'm the 4th generation on my Okinawan side.
Chris,
we have a lot in common actually. i have two Legends (1994 Legend GS/1994 Legend LS Coupe) I'm half chinese half japanese, yonsei (fourth generation japanese side)

chinese side cantonese

I just wish i had a 6speed like you

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: Cool

welovelegend said:
So, guys, which part of China are you guys from?

I am from Shanghai.

talk to you all soon!!
Hey I'm Chinese, I'm from shanghai too

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm Korean but yes us neighbors celebrate Chinese New Years and Happy New Years to all of you guys that celebrate it. My parents actually celebrate their birthdays in the moon calender (that's what it's called right?) and yeah it's kinda hard keeping up with the dates. But my sister reminds me on the exact dates of their birthdays. ^.^

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'm from Taiwan = )

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To WhiteLegend

Good to meet you, man.

Which part of SH? man, i am from Chang Ni Area.

How long have you been here?

Can you show me some pics of your car?

take care!!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: To WhiteLegend

welovelegend said:
Good to meet you, man.

Which part of SH? man, i am from Chang Ni Area.

How long have you been here?

Can you show me some pics of your car?

take care!!
I'm from Xu Jia Hui Area, I don't know where Chang Ni is, maybe it's because my pin yin is really rusty. I've been here for 11 years, ever since I was 10.

Here is a few pics of my car

There is more in the Gallery section, just go back a few pages.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts