Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does it matter which way you put the chip in the ecu? i just put in any old way and was wondering if i had it upside down. the car seems to drive funny ever since i put the stick chip back after the bayou chip mishap.
-j

·
Registered
99 Posts
aiznpride said:
does it matter which way you put the chip in the ecu? i just put in any old way and was wondering if i had it upside down. the car seems to drive funny ever since i put the stick chip back after the bayou chip mishap.
-j
YES! it is VERY important to re-seat the IC (chip) properly. Unless the ECU has some 'special' chip swapping method, which I assume it doesn't. On one end of the IC, there will be a small notch. Looks like a little semi-cirle missing from it. That end should match up with a similar graphic painted on the ECU board. Each lead on the IC, the little tin feet, is either an input, output, or ground and must have the appropriate input/output from the ECU. Putting it in wrong would mostlikely cause the ECU to fail. Failing does not mean that the ECU breaks, though it might, but it would likely fry the chip since the power input was delivered to the wrong lead.

Better check that chip!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, thanx for the response. i haven't put it in yet. i was using my spare ecu up till now. i'm probably goin to sell that one off and use my own after i make sure the chip is back correctly.

-j

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the stock ecu doesn't give me any problems. it's the original ecu that that had the bayou chip and now has the stock chip that's acting up.
-j

1 - 8 of 8 Posts