Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought my legend its a 95 Lsedan automatic. when i step on it it goes to 6.5k on rpms so i assume that i have a chip. were do i look to see if i do and what one it is?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought the car from a dealer it has had 2 owners previous to me. when i step on it it takes a second to kick in to high gear but when it does i get going and usually squeal going in to second gear. if i manually shift it it kicks ass right when i touch the pedal though dont know why there is a difference. i bought it in marysville washington. i found a credit card in the car that was from a guy/girl named casey last name green somthing maybe i dont know. it has 134722 miles on it i have put 800miles of that on hehe and has had a factory rebuild at 75k.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
I don't think it haas a performance chip as stock Legends can rev to about 6500 RPMs as well. The actual redline is somewhere around 6250 or something like that for the TYPE I engine, but the gauges are never accurate, and the fuel cut off is a few hundred RPM over the indicated redline. TYPE II Legends have an indicated redline of 6750. I've taken my stock ECUed Legend to 7000 before with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts