Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like someone sticking a pencil in a fan blade for a few seconds then stops but it is higher pitched and faster clicks. It will do it repeatedly for 2-3 seconds and then stop and about 30 seconds later it does it again. It only does this while the car is moving and doesnt do it while parked. Any ideas where this noise is coming from or whats causing it?

· Registered
342 Posts
rdmjr1974 said:
Sounds like someone sticking a pencil in a fan blade for a few seconds then stops but it is higher pitched and faster clicks. It will do it repeatedly for 2-3 seconds and then stop and about 30 seconds later it does it again. It only does this while the car is moving and doesnt do it while parked. Any ideas where this noise is coming from or whats causing it?
id bet its your ABS system. cycles on and off when the wheels are moving?

· Registered
134 Posts
AndaHeart said:
id bet its your ABS system. cycles on and off when the wheels are moving?
yes that is true but it doesn't do it all the time. Just once in a while to get the system up to pressure. If it is making that noise for anything longer than 2-6 seconds then something is wrong. Usually the filter is clogged or something to do with the accumulator. I would have it checked out.

· Registered
342 Posts
Black_Panther said:
abs..interesting, i didn't know it cycled on like that
if it is abs i'm guessing you could remove the abs fuse on a dry day and see if disabling the system makes the chirping go away.

BP
thtas what i did, and popped out the dash light. no abs, but that was fine with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.