Acura Legend Forum banner

Choices

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  jago 
#1 ·
Hello, I have been offered a Pair of NEW c27a heads to go with my NEW C27a block I have. However the same person also has:

For sale. Brand new, unused 825 (Honda) engine

Used as a test bench model, its never been in a car and comes complete with all ancilliaries such as starter, distributor etc. Its obviously a rare piece.
Should I get the Heads or the Whole 2.5 engine? Also does anyone have any spec on the 2.5?

#4 ·
so i could swap the manifolds (in and ex) over?

ignition would be intresting.

you say 10hp less, over what c27 is that? the cat or not cat?

i might get both just the the intrest in actually seeing a 2.5

#6 ·
so gas flowing the heads adding the inlet tract and, a little more ign advance should see her well then,

i'll be looking at this engine monday night all being well

#7 ·
Actually I would stick with the 2.5 intake manifold for the time being and see about porting it out as it (anecdotally) flows better than the 2.7 manifold due to the lack of a bypass valve plate....

I'm still trying to get my hands on an extra 2.5 manifold to do a complete comparison...

#8 ·
had a rough look at the engine. looks ok, dusty but is actually new. was intended for an auto. the intake manifold is way different, biggest things i noted were, design of fuel rail and breather to plenum. the throttle body has somthing sticking out into the moving air. and the ignition has a lot more rom to play (more advance)

i got the heads tonight, got home and opened them up, they are both front heads however one has all valves and exhaust rockers the other has no valves or rockers. still happy as i can play at gas flowing the empty head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.