Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 coupe and have brought a 94 trunk lid. Please tell me how to go about hooking the brake light up. The trunk release as well.

Also on the powered side mirrors, does anyone know what each of the 6 wires are. What does each wire control?

(2) brown
all yellow
all blue
blue with red line
black with white line

thanks

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
The 3rd brake light conector on the 95 will git the OEM deck light connector on your 91. At least they do on my 93 :) You will need to extend the wiring on the 3rd brake light on the 95 lid to reach the connector on your 91 though. Everything else should just be a transfer to your new lid. I don't know about the mirrors though.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
ChrisK said:
The 3rd brake light conector on the 95 will git the OEM deck light connector on your 91. At least they do on my 93 :) You will need to extend the wiring on the 3rd brake light on the 95 lid to reach the connector on your 91 though. Everything else should just be a transfer to your new lid. I don't know about the mirrors though.
So you can just remove the 3d brake light and you wont get any error codes in the dash?

I wanna do the 94-95 trunk lid conversion for my ride.

-Jose

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
pjslegend said:

Not true, I did this to power my LED on my mid wing and my dash always reads brake light out.
It depends if you have the proper brake light failure sensing relay. When you get the OEM spoiler, it comes with a new replacement sensor that afixes to the tail light harness. This reads the proper current that the LED draws in relation to what the regular bulb would draw.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well, true........ like ChrisH said, only OEM wing or OEM trunklid with the OEM LED had the resistance compensation module for the third brake light. If you have aftermarket, you might need to custom made your own module. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.