1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Boyd Coddington (sp?) rims. However, you do know that it will cost you upwards of $10K just for them to make the one-off mode for you right? That is why I believe I said "If money is not a concearn" :D Also, I read about this a few yers ago, so I'm not sure if it was just a special promotion they were doing, or if they are still doing it.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Matt - Try Kinesis or HRE... a little more reasonable on price, but still pretty up there on $$, esp for 19's with a really good offset...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
ChrisK said:
Boyd Coddington (sp?) rims. .... cost you upwards of $10K just for them to make the one-off mode for you right? That is why I believe I said "If money is not a concearn" :D
10,000 freaking dollars? WTF? Someone has to be really 'insane in the membrane' to get something like that. I'd be willing to get it only if it meets ALL of these requirements:

A) Titanium Alloys (virtually the strongest & lightest metal on Earth)
B) Weight must be less than 15 lbs each rim.
C) The tires put on there are run-flat and those run-flat tires can run at around 80+MPH for more than 200 miles while flat.
D) The comfort zone between the rim and the road for a less than 90mm width can be as comfortable as stock.

OPTIONAL - If they can also throw in some titanium alloy struts with springs.

Give me a break, it's $10K, I can dream, can't I? :rolleyes:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
asianlegend said:

10,000 freaking dollars? WTF? Someone has to be really 'insane in the membrane' to get something like that. I'd be willing to get it only if it meets ALL of these requirements:

A) Titanium Alloys (virtually the strongest & lightest metal on Earth)
B) Weight must be less than 15 lbs each rim.
C) The tires put on there are run-flat and those run-flat tires can run at around 80+MPH for more than 200 miles while flat.
D) The comfort zone between the rim and the road for a less than 90mm width can be as comfortable as stock.

OPTIONAL - If they can also throw in some titanium alloy struts with springs.

Give me a break, it's $10K, I can dream, can't I? :rolleyes:
The whole idea was that you create a one-off rim design. The $10K was to create the mold for and all the programming to create whatever rim design you made. The benefit is that the rim you create will not be sold to anyone, so you will be the only one in the world with that particular rim design. Since you paid them to make the mold, you can them make you a new rim of yours gets damaged. That is the price you pay to be exclusive. In a way, that is better than the $8-$10K for those spinning wheels that Spreewell Racing was selling. I believe all the Boyds rims are billet.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: ChrisK

WhiteLegend said:

MAtt, why do you want these made, don't tirerack sell these that fit the Legend already?

Unless the offset is too low?
Yes, but I want them in at least 18's and they don't fit. The 17s do though.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: ChrisK

LiasLegend said:

Is it because of the offset? Would spacers help? I've seen some as small as 5mm.
No spacer can only help if the offset is too high so the rims tuck too far inside the fender, and you want to pusht the rims out. But so far I've haven't seen any rims that have offset too high for Legends. The G2 has a +65mm offset, while most aftermarket rims have offset in the 40s

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
296 Posts
Do you guys know of anyone that would shave rims for me. I want these chrome Momo's so bad, but the offset is +35. I need them to shave it to at least +45mm. Will any of these places that you guys are talking about do that?

Ghost

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Ghost said:
Do you guys know of anyone that would shave rims for me. I want these chrome Momo's so bad, but the offset is +35. I need them to shave it to at least +45mm. Will any of these places that you guys are talking about do that?

Ghost
I'm sure any machine shop that can bore the rims can probably shave the offset, but the probably is shave the offset area probably requires shaving material from the part of the rim that provide structural integraty. So probably is not a good idea to do that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts