Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Now-G3Silver-
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys buys a pioneer avic z2 form circuit city. they mess his car up give it back. he takes it to honda to check out the extent of the damage from failed install, over $12k alltogether. and

"Car taken to North Shore Honda, Glen Cove NY Estimate of $12,119.64 in damages drafted by Honda and car is declared unsafe to drive."

VTECnical's Circuit City Road Shop installation - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Damn. Stupid installer and inflated stealership repair costs = $12k. I feel bad for that guy, it's hard to be let down by a "reputable" name like Circuit City (altough I personally would never use their installers).

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,377 Posts
They F'd some things up like dropping the tweaters in and hacking up the vents but that wiring doesn't look like a fire hazard... and if it is, I badly need to go rewire things in my car. I don't even know what to make of this. $12k is retarded. He needs a 2nd opinion real bad but Honda won't even release his car to him. 800 miles. Unbelievable. And he probably did all this to save a few hundred bucks on getting Honda's built in navi... too bad.

·
Now-G3Silver-
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the dealers claiming 44.5 hrs of labour, and over $6k in parts I think.

worst part is the car only had 800 miles on it.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
This is why I do all my work, I never will take it to a store to do my stereo. damn $12k? I could buy 2 or maybe 3 Legends with that money lol.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
:bs:

After reading a bunch of the posts and looking at the 5 page long invoice, I'm saying that the Honda Dealership is full of shit and the owner of the car is definitely getting taken for a ride...

If he was dumb enough to allow CC to touch his new car and do a sloppy install of a Nav system, the Dealership is probably banking on the fact that he'd also be dumb enough to believe that they really need to do $12k worth of work :nono:

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
People like that guy that brings in a new car to put a navi, have CC make a mess, AND take it back to dealer to have a price range of repair for $12k, if Carlos Mencia was there to see that, he'd be all over his face saying, dee dee dee!!!!!

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
/\ :werd: he is being taken for a awesome ride.

whats funny is that the CC is near my house, lol. i'd never let them much my car.

BUT i think the biggest thing looking thru the invoice is that they broke shit taking the car apart, they also modded the heater box and damaged a wiring harness, which is all expensive to replace.

THAT DOESN"T MEAN it actually needs to be done, lol. haha, heater box yes, panels sure. soder wiring back and it back to normal but since they fucked up i guess he is entitled to have it fixed right. LOL.

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
922 Posts
In all honesty remove and reinstall the HVAC ducting and stuff is a pretty nasty, expensive, time consuming thing all by itself...not including the rest.

Get the 12Gs and then hit that civic with some jewish lightning before it makes it to the repair shop...put the money together and buy an RL.

Perfect!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
ya, he might be getting a over estimate, but he isnt paying that shit. CC is paying it cause they fucked it up. This kid shouldnt have to pay ANYTHING, if anything he should sue them for apparently making his car unsafe to drive as they wont release it to him.

I HATE CC for installs, when i first got my legend, and bought my first subs and amp, i took them there to get installed(i was young and broke so it was perfect). Well the dude does the installed, took him 2 hours longer than they quoted, and i get the call finally, and they tell me theres something up with the amp or something.

i get up there, they say, "The Amp keeps going into protect, we cant get it to stay on" and i explain to him that these subs and amp were JUST in my friends car not 2 days prior. and WORKED. He couldnt fix it, so i demanded my money for the install back since they didnt install it sucessfully.

I left pissed off with no subs, so i go to a small mom and pop shop and ask them to look at it. they look at the job the guy did, laugh very hardily, and tell me to go back and have them reinstall it.

So i went back, found the GM of the particular CC, and he got the manager of the install dept to completley start over on my car. before he started, to prove to him, i asked him to hook up the amp to the displays, and whattya know, it works!

Needless to say, he installed it correctly and i got free install. haha

last time i went there for install

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
my buddy had a cupon for CC to install for like 25 bucks, they draped the wire across the engine compartment, melted on his intake. terrible job. i went back in re did it.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Does no one know that it's not legal for Honda to not give him his car? If a customer wants their car, any service facility HAS to give it to them.

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
^not if it is not safe to drive. the store would be at fault if something happened after they took a look at it.

i think in order to release it, one would sign a waiver saing it would not be driven, and towed away.

at least, thats how it is in california

1 - 13 of 13 Posts