Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Sounds like more good reading but it wont load for me..... I let it sit for almost five minuts and it was not even half loaded.... on ADSL too:confused:

·
Registered
166 Posts
dont waste your time.. I just read through it.... this sentance says it all "ya civics are fast, but not as fast as our preludes" ok, for one... civics without a turbo or alot of NOS are NOT fast... and preludes are like us... not FAST but QUICK... big difference...

argh... honda boys :rolleyes:

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Dat joints ending was so weak. Flaming over whos car could beat whos. SPPSSSHHSHSHSHS get outta here. "No way your fankenstein(phrase used incorrectly) Civic will beat a stock Prelude". "uh-huh" "un-uhn". thats why i dont chill on civic forums on integra forums or any "compact car" forums because the kids have such big egos. i love this place...even with Dave C:p :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey, got a question. my friend has a 92 prelude and i'm pretty sure its stock. he keeps talking smack and says he wants to race but i just want to make sure my 92 coupe (230hp) will take him out :D mine is automatic his is stick. i think 92 prelude has 150 or 160hp but i'm not really sure.

·
Registered
513 Posts
haaha makes me laugh

i say we just sit here and enjoy the fact that 100% of us would beat abouit 95% of them, no need to talk smack about that. simple facts, legends will never die.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hahaha. Little H boys have nothing better to do then talk smack about each other (too many damn ricers). Sibling rivlery? Oh well, I'm glad to have the older, mature part of the H family. Hell, at In-N-Out, one of the employees was giving me props for me car (he has an Si). Just goes to show ya, the H boys that know there stuff gives props to those H owners/tuners with more then 4 cylenders.

P.S. If this makes no sence, don't worry. I don't understand it either. hehehehe. :D

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
Dat joints ending was so weak. Flaming over whos car could beat whos. SPPSSSHHSHSHSHS get outta here. "No way your fankenstein(phrase used incorrectly) Civic will beat a stock Prelude". "uh-huh" "un-uhn". thats why i dont chill on civic forums on integra forums or any "compact car" forums because the kids have such big egos. i love this place...even with Dave C:p :D
Hey DK! Your legit now. Dealing with your cars issues will probably diminish some of your more radical ideas (the ones I picked on). Be sure to hit some local meets. Once you meet me I'm not such an ogre.:p

·
Registered
699 Posts
Danger if you got a 92 coupe you only have 200hp, 93+ have the 230hp engine....but either way you should be able to beat him.

Legend, I dont think our Legends are QUICK at all but are FAST cars. A quick car to me is a car can get up from a stop to like 50 or so quickly, a fast car is a car the starts pullin real hard from like 80 plus..thats just how my legend is, not quick just fast ..i dont know just my opinion

·
Registered
130 Posts
thats really funny, cuz the previous owner told me its 230hp and he's pretty knowledgeable when it comes to cars and especially his own. i'll have to ask him again. it says on the internet confirming the 200hp though. either way, i might be better off with the 200hp engine because it has more torque :D 210 to 206 (and at lower rpms)

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
oh Dave dont think im gonna stop oh naw this is just a speed bump w/ my car just a little to low. im still working on everything. just at a slower pace.....scratch that, an eternally slower pace. but Ideas never stop comming and imma keep dreamin BIG BAuBuh (say like Cita). and one day just like this legend My dreams will come true.:)

one...

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
danger69 said:
thats really funny, cuz the previous owner told me its 230hp and he's pretty knowledgeable when it comes to cars and especially his own. i'll have to ask him again. it says on the internet confirming the 200hp though. either way, i might be better off with the 200hp engine because it has more torque :D 210 to 206 (and at lower rpms)
sorry buddy, but if you don't have that TYPE II emblazoned on top of your manifold there (look at my sig) then you have 200hp.
The 93 -95 coupes are all type II, if you have a hybrid like me or DV8 then you have 230 + whatever mods.

I do know I have raced Preludes, and yes I have won (TYPE I)
Do not understimate your type I, but do not undersestimate a type II, either

·
Registered
130 Posts
ya i went out and looked at my engine and theres no type two on it :mad: i'll have to make the old owner pay for a type II to be dropped in lol oh well, now i gotta mod up my car two make it the equivalent errrrr anyways, i just gotta beat this prelude, the guy is so cocky and i have to put him in his place. i smacked up a mustang so far so i was feelin really confident but now i'm a lil uneasy. i'll just get some nos lol a lot cheaper than dropping a type II engine. oh by the way how much did it cost for you to drop type II in urs???? thanks

·
Registered
655 Posts
it sounds like he has a si

danger69 said:
hey, got a question. my friend has a 92 prelude and i'm pretty sure its stock. he keeps talking smack and says he wants to race but i just want to make sure my 92 coupe (230hp) will take him out :D mine is automatic his is stick. i think 92 prelude has 150 or 160hp but i'm not really sure.
if its 160hp dohc 2.3 than hell take you off the line for sure.
I got the same car with intake/exhaust, and I know it would take my 93auto type2 even when it was stock off the line. The legend will start to gain, but I think it would be pretty close if u get to quater mile.above that i would say the legend would win. One thing for sure is the lude would take the legend in twisties anyday.Even more so 97+ models. If its a s model with 135hp 2.2sohc you would rape him.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Acurate420 said:

Legend, I dont think our Legends are QUICK at all but are FAST cars. A quick car to me is a car can get up from a stop to like 50 or so quickly, a fast car is a car the starts pullin real hard from like 80 plus..thats just how my legend is, not quick just fast ..i dont know just my opinion
Well I guess it's your perception on what "FAST" is… I hang around the crowd that has Supra TT's, 300ZX TT's, Vipers, DSM's that do 12's…..

After you play with them on the highway/back roads you realize really soon that Legends are not fast, those things are fast. Hell when that Supra or the Viper is just speeding up normally, I have to damn near floor it LOL.

But when I hung around Civics, Super Coupes, Preludes, etc. I thought I was fast, cause I was faster then most of them.

I think Fast is 13.00 in the ¼, 13.5 - 15's are quick

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
They said a stock 5th gen lude runs low 15s haha right tru mid to high 16s. A civic with a H22 swap would kill a stock lude. i cant believe i just waisted my time reading that. And Gen2c where did you find a 92 coupe with the Type II 230hp engine?

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey guys, i talked to my cocky little friend w/ the prelude. he has a 92 160hp lude and he says he only wants to race 0-60 cuz i'll kill him in 1/4 mile and anything beyond 60 mph. i told him i'd do it from a roll cuz he has manual and i have automatic. and i just got finished talking with the previous owner of my legend and he says that he's beaten like 93 and under 5.0 mustangs w/ the legend and he says he's gotten times of 0-60 in the low 7's. so now i'm thinkin i'll rip this guy to shreds. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Every 2nd gen auto I've raced, I beat 0-60 and they passed me up later.
I think a 160 hp Prelude would beat me 0-60 because of the weight difference. But they also have less torque.
If he knows how to launch, he should beat you off the line and I would say he would still be ahead after 60.
High end, I think you would win without any problem.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts