Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently the 6-Speed 03 add-on and tweaks may not be enough to boost CL sales and Honda may drop it in 04. I love my Legend Coupe but have looked to Honda to make something as good. I wanted something newer with more tech, but the CL had major problems with it's non-distinctive looks and personality. The sport coupe market is small and very competitive and unless you have distinction here you're a goner. CL had very little. It's too bad, it had a lot of potential but the G2 version needed more tweaking, more looks, a 6 speed from day one. I think it will end up a bigger failure than the Vigor and all the non-descript 4 doors in the late 90's. Honda's highs are so great but their misses are so bad. The CL had so much to not be completed with a great design and some character and sportiness. I guess Honda really did throw away the key after the Legend, will they ever find it again? I don't want to go German but if Lexus comes out with a new midline coupe (SC300) I might go there next. Still love my Legend though.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Did you see the photoshop job of the 2002 Legend Coupe posted here. It is kind of a merge of the RL and the Legend Coupe. Now if Honda made that car I would buy it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Chris, yea I did see that Mercedes Legend.

I was at the dealer today and test drove a CL-S. Like I told the CL forum, with the Legend after a fast run you want a cigarette, in the CL after a fast run you want to clean it. The CL was fast, techy and slick but they left out the body and soul.

Anyway, the salesman told me a guy with a red 95 6-speed Legend Coupe had been in looking to trade. It only had 35k miles! He only drove it on Sundays or something. He said the sales mgr had dibs on it if the guy trades in. Hope he doesn't get a CL, rather see a shiny red Legend on the road than a slicky CL.
If CL dies off soon, then it's prices will go down fast and Legend's will probably hold on more.
...No I don't smoke but my Legend does!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
95cashmerecoop said:
Hi Chris, yea I did see that Mercedes Legend.

I was at the dealer today and test drove a CL-S. Like I told the CL forum, with the Legend after a fast run you want a cigarette, in the CL after a fast run you want to clean it. The CL was fast, techy and slick but they left out the body and soul.

Anyway, the salesman told me a guy with a red 95 6-speed Legend Coupe had been in looking to trade. It only had 35k miles! He only drove it on Sundays or something. He said the sales mgr had dibs on it if the guy trades in. Hope he doesn't get a CL, rather see a shiny red Legend on the road than a slicky CL.
If CL dies off soon, then it's prices will go down fast and Legend's will probably hold on more.
...No I don't smoke but my Legend does!
for all intents and purposes, let's hope that guy keeps his red 6speed.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The Legend is a true driver's car. You become attached to it. It never gets boring, ever little item is thought out. The response and power are great, comfort levels are high. Looks are EXCELLENT. When you walk away from it, it's the kind of car you have to look at again, as you're walking away. Like "yeah, that's my baby".

:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I look back at it all the time too. Even parked at the Acura dealer today people were looking at it. I'd love to find a 6-speed Coupe with low miles tho. I looked for one a long time before I got the automatic. Have never driven the G2 stick but I had a G1 Coupe stick for a long time, loved it.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
When you walk away from it, it's the kind of car you have to look at again, as you're walking away. Like "yeah, that's my baby".

Ha, you do that as well!?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
95cashmerecoop: When I had a G1, I knew if I ever got another car, it would definately be a G2. It wasn't too long ago that I acquired the 94GS, it is automatic as well. I would love to have a 6-speed coupe someday :)

Jose3030: It's impossible not to look at it! I have to see it as I walk away, some sort of sickness... and as I'm walking towards it, it's like opening a christmas present every time. I'm shocked at how good-looking the car is when I see it every time (after the initial, I hope my baby is okay, and I'll be afraid to find someone broke into it thing). It looks far more expensive then what I payed for it. It looks more expensive then some of the newer "luxury" cars.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
T When you walk away from it, it's the kind of car you have to look at again, as you're walking away. Like "yeah, that's my baby".

Hey, I thought I was the only person who did this. My girlfriend thinks I have a problem because I do that. I guess i'm not alone.

·
Registered
734 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
The Legend is a true driver's car. You become attached to it. It never gets boring, ever little item is thought out. The response and power are great, comfort levels are high. Looks are EXCELLENT. When you walk away from it, it's the kind of car you have to look at again, as you're walking away. Like "yeah, that's my baby".

See Jose' I keep telling you man, people look at these cars like women. They're just too sexy looking.:D

·
Registered
734 Posts
My wife even gets jealous the way I look at this car. At one time I was over in DC, and this woman got out of a beige 6 speed coupe. As fine as this girl was, do you know all I did was gaze at her Legend. It's just something about that car, sleek and long, and the way that back sticks up on that coupe...it's like the car is saying "Come ride me Big Boy!"and those headlights....Damn, sorry guys I need to be with my car right now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To whiplash

Whiplash, funny post, your wife may be scared you're gonna run off with the car! and yes, both women and Legends are sexy, but I'm adding macho men to that list too! Hope you can accept a diverse point of view, so to speak. Legend drivers are all sexy! Have fun with your ride in your sexy coop.

G

·
Yeah I was at the Acura Dealership a while back and was inside talking to the guy at the service desk, I came back out and was about to hop into my car and a guy walked up to me, and said, "So how much did you have to pay for this model". I was like $10k, hehe. He was like "huh!?!?!". I then went on to tell him that it was a '94. He couldn't believe it, and he started telling me how he was looking at the new '02 CL-S's but that he liked the looks of my car so much more. I guess the guy was pretty clueless about cars for not knowing about a Legend :D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
whiplash9001 said:
....Damn, sorry guys I need to be with my car right now.
I think you need God.
hehe.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think you need God.
hehe. [/B][/QUOTE]

And you need new contact lenses according to XenonK.....Next time feel your way to the next meet:D :D :D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
whiplash9001 said:
I think you need God.
hehe.
And you need new contact lenses according to XenonK.....Next time feel your way to the next meet:D :D :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, that one hurt me.
:(

I'm sorry guys.
I let you guys down.

G

·
I think you are going way over board!

whiplash9001 said:
My wife even gets jealous the way I look at this car. At one time I was over in DC, and this woman got out of a beige 6 speed coupe. As fine as this girl was, do you know all I did was gaze at her Legend. It's just something about that car, sleek and long, and the way that back sticks up on that coupe...it's like the car is saying "Come ride me Big Boy!"and those headlights....Damn, sorry guys I need to be with my car right now.
When you become that obsessed with your car more than your WIFE!, man I think you got a problem!
But besides that you people need to clam the hell down, its only a car!!
I like my car too, but I don't plan anytime soon to jump in the backseat, and do the dirty with it!
Whatever...... you say back to me will make no sense!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts