Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
It depends which Legend. A TYPE I or a TYPE II. Given that a TYPE II has the same top speed listed as the CL-S in in Coupe form, and the TYPE II Sedan actually has a faster top speed listed than the CL-S, I don't see how a CL-S will own a Legend on the interstate. It will beat it to 60 and the 1/4 mile, but not smoke it. Also, given the TYPE II 6-Speeds have nearly identical specs on paper as the CL-S, I think we are in oaky shape. THe CL-S is probably much easier to run consitently fast, but I wouldn;t say it owns the Legend.

·
B**k F***er
2,642 Posts
Triton3K said:
Cl's suck and they look like shiznit. :D
Cmon', don't come down so hard on a fellow Acura. The CL is an excellent budget performance car. :D

I have to say though, the TL-S with the factory ground effects looks sharp.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
yeah, lets be nice to our lil brothers...they do come to our meets...just a few idiots on that forum, just as in any other....better yet, ignorant, and uninformed. The last three people I took for a ride in Jasmyn said they had NO IDEA Legend were that fast...actually, I even let Justin drive her (he has a sedan) and was instantly hooked.....tell them about it babyboy :D

G

·
Ouch, the CL-S is a ****ty car :(. I would have expected more from Acura. I was driving in it with my Uncle the other day (he sold me his Legend Coupe and bought a CL-S), and I was not impressed in any way. The car drove pretty much like a Legend, but the interior didn't feel right at all, and the outside :eek:.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I test drove the 6 speed CL. I liked the interior and all but damn that thing had too much torque steer that it got annoying. I'm very pleased that legends don't have or have much less torque steering than most fwd cars. That CL was fast though.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
allenjanthony said:
Put is all like this, If it wasn't for the Legend the CL, TL, and RL would not be on the market. The Legend will always be a classic and no one or nothing will ever change that.
You definately hit it right in the nose. Legends rule.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Okay guys, quick question....

Lets say my '95 LS Coupe Auto Verses a '02 TL-S and a '02 CL-S... who would win on the quarter mile? Who'd win 1-60? Thanks! --=Keith

·
Registered
703 Posts
KeithQNguyen said:

Lets say my '95 LS Coupe Auto Verses a '02 TL-S and a '02 CL-S... who would win on the quarter mile? Who'd win 1-60? Thanks! --=Keith
TL/Cl-S would win.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
KeithQNguyen said:

TLS/CLS would win. 30 more hp, something like 26 more tq, and a newer engine/tranny.

Who cares though. You drive one of the nicest and rare cars on the road.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Yep, TL-TypeS or CL-TypeS would definately win in a 0-60 & 1/4. The 6-speed would be close, but I'm sure the TypeS versions would edge out the Legend. Anyways, I love the Engine on the CL-S, but the body style is the only thing that turns me off about them... Acura needs to start designing cars better again =/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.