Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a post on the Acura CL Forum in regards to the CL Type-S 17x7" rims on a G2 Legend. It just so happened it was posted by a Legend owner. Well, this is what a user said in response to the CL-S on Legend

User Name: tuRb0mikEy:"CL-S rims won't exactly fit on your Legend, the bolt pattern is the same but the width of the hub is different and you will hear a weird noise and feel vibration while driving. My friend tried on his 95 Legend so I know what I'm talking about."

Can anyone confirm or deny that there is some sort of problem mounting CL-S rims on a Legend?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
asianlegend said:
I was reading a post on the Acura CL Forum in regards to the CL Type-S 17x7" rims on a G2 Legend. It just so happened it was posted by a Legend owner. Well, this is what a user said in response to the CL-S on Legend

User Name: tuRb0mikEy:"CL-S rims won't exactly fit on your Legend, the bolt pattern is the same but the width of the hub is different and you will hear a weird noise and feel vibration while driving. My friend tried on his 95 Legend so I know what I'm talking about."

Can anyone confirm or deny that there is some sort of problem mounting CL-S rims on a Legend?
It's not going to be a direct fit, the CLS like all the newer Hondas and Acuras all have 64mm hub, the legend has a 70mm hub.

So if you want them to fit, you'll have to take the rims to a machine shop and bore the center bore of the rims from 64mm to 70.1mm. The 0.1mm is your clearance.

Cost of boring is about $100-$150 depending on where you live, and the must be done w/o tires.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: CL-S Rims on G2 Legends - Possible Problem?

WhiteLegend said:
It's not going to be a direct fit, the CLS like all the newer Hondas and Acuras all have 64mm hub, the legend has a 70mm hub.
So if you want them to fit, you'll have to take the rims to a machine shop and bore the center bore of the rims from 64mm to 70.1mm. The 0.1mm is your clearance..
With this boring of the rims to 70.1, will this noise still be in effect? As I understand it rims are designed exactly as is, without any modification to fit the exact car, so to keep the balance and the center of gravity at the right place, I suppose.
Cost of boring is about $100-$150 depending on where you live, and the must be done w/o tires
Then if I get'em done, I'd better get'em for cheap. Luckily I already have that covered.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: Re: Re: CL-S Rims on G2 Legends - Possible Problem?

With this boring of the rims to 70.1, will this noise still be in effect? As I understand it rims are designed exactly as is, without any modification to fit the exact car, so to keep the balance and the center of gravity at the right place, I suppose.
No you shouldn't have any noise.
The reason that Legend owner on the CL board had noise is because he tried to mount CLS rims on his Legend w/o boring the center hole. So the rims doesn't fit all the way on the hub, therefore causing noise.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: CL-S Rims on G2 Legends - Possible Problem?

WhiteLegend said:
Cost of boring is about $100-$150 depending on where you live, and the must be done w/o tires
Is that $100-$150/rim or $100-$150/set of 4 rims?

I suppose boring it will shave a few ounces off the total weight of the rim, you think?

Plus, that noise he is referring to always refers to rims that don't particiularly fit that car? You see I ask because my friend who owns a 00 Nissan Maxima bought a set of rims directly from Japan and they made this whirring noise, got louder at higher speeds, but yet it was made for his Nissan, though actually made for his Japanese Equivalent version the Cefiro more than the actual US-based Maxima.

·
LEGENDARY MEMBER
1,764 Posts
I think the biggest problem for me is how many people stare. Other than that they have given me no problem

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CL-S Rims on G2 Legends - Possible Problem?

asianlegend said:

Is that $100-$150/rim or $100-$150/set of 4 rims?

I suppose boring it will shave a few ounces off the total weight of the rim, you think?

Plus, that noise he is referring to always refers to rims that don't particiularly fit that car? You see I ask because my friend who owns a 00 Nissan Maxima bought a set of rims directly from Japan and they made this whirring noise, got louder at higher speeds, but yet it was made for his Nissan, though actually made for his Japanese Equivalent version the Cefiro more than the actual US-based Maxima.
The Cefiro is a Maxima, the only difference is the Cefiro is standard with a 2.0 4 banger, 3.0 V6 is the option. I should know, i piss on these cars all the time, they are all over China. No, really, nothing better to do in China than piss on the Cefiro's. Little wannabe Max's. Oh, anyway, the noise may be from the tires, don't blame the rims. Unless his stuff is really messed up, only the tires would be the culprit.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Dam it is pretty old. Did u ever get the CL s rims?

Esti

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Esti said:
Dam it is pretty old. Did u ever get the CL s rims?
All the sets at that time were either already sold out or part of the rims of the sets that were being sold weren't "perfect" or they wanted too much for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts