Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This afternoon I was running some errands locally and noticed this silver CL-TypeS behind me with his lights on). I turned onto Route 27 on my way to the store and he was headed in the same direction. We got next to each other several times but we were caught mostly in afternoon weekend traffic. After making several turns onto a less congested road, I noticed he's still next to me (guy and his girl). He wasn't instigating or reving his engine but he cleary wanted to be the lead car.

Finally, the road opens up but I'm caught in the right lane with a car turning in front of me. So the CL is quick to drop the hammer on a nice open stretch of road with some twisties (Penisula Blvd). Seeing that he intends to open up the TypeS to make a statement, I needed to make it clear that he better not underestimate the Legend.

So I floored it, he was about 7-8 cars lengths in front. I knew there where several curves about 3/4 mile down the road so his lead would be cut. 30, 50, 70, 90, 105....knock, knock guess who's there?.....no one....because the Legend is now next to you and passing on the inside, going into the turns. Can the TypeS keep up in the turns?....Not this time, out of the turns and I'm ahead by 2-3 car lengths and then a flat out straight away but the CL didn't want anymore and let up :D :D :D (not like he wasn't trying since I looked down and the speedo was @ 110).

To the Silver CL-S (tag: Varacio**) - No disrespect to you in front of your girl but I couldn't let the Legend familia down...Hopefully we meet up someday. Nice car.

·
2,873 Posts
I was with Mike last night when he showed me the road that he was racing on . Pretty sharp turn IMHO. Unless the guy in the CL-S has suspension work there is no way he could have hung with Mike on that turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.