Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have never cleaned your fuel injector tips I would recommend it highly. My friend at Jiffy Lube did it for me, basically he poured some kind of cleaner through my brake booster line. He told me to rev it up and all kinds of white smoke came pouring out of my exaust (carbon). After this, my Legend is smooth as silk, and I get better gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
HUH?

This makes no sense? he put fluids in break line to fix fuel injectors? Dat no mek it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Chevron Techron

Dump a bottle of Chevron Techron additive in your tank every 3000 miles. It will keep your injectors clean. Don't use the watered down version Chevron Pro-Gard.

·
meber
978 Posts
Re: Chevron Techron

CWA-94GS said:
Dump a bottle of Chevron Techron additive in your tank every 3000 miles. It will keep your injectors clean. Don't use the watered down version Chevron Pro-Gard.
What other brands do you recommend? They are no Chevrons around these parts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Techron can be found at most auto parts stores or ordered online at A+H Motor (www.ahmotor.com). There are dozens of FI cleaners on the market. I haven't used them, so I can't comment on them. Techron seems to be very popular with Acura/Honda enthusiasts.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I heard that BG stuff is really good too. Forgot wher eto get it though

·
Registered
647 Posts
Valvoline Synpower Products

What about Valvoline Complete Fuel System Cleaner once a year and Fuel Injector Cleaner every 3000 miles (both poured in the gas tank). Are these any good?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thats funny you guys bring this up because I got an oil change today at MR Lube and buddy was trying to sell me the $80 fuel injector cleaner service..... is it really worth it?

Same thing.... fuel injector cleaner in the tank, in the vaccum line, and somewhere else...

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
LeoLegendATL said:
If you have never cleaned your fuel injector tips I would recommend it highly. My friend at Jiffy Lube did it for me, basically he poured some kind of cleaner through my brake booster line. He told me to rev it up and all kinds of white smoke came pouring out of my exaust (carbon). After this, my Legend is smooth as silk, and I get better gas mileage.
yes, its make good scense. I had this done when I first purchased my car. I also got it done a jiffy lube. It did wonders for the performance. I'm going to get this done again after the winter has passed. I also recommend getting the transmission flushed as well. I shifted from 1st to 2nd smoother after the tranmisson was flushed.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've been using STP Complete Fuel Cleaner and it seems to work, I mean I guess notice a difference, but it can be psychological too. Never really tried any other brands. Anyone use both STP and another, did you notice which one seems to be better?

I thinkit's called BG44K something like that, do a search for that, I think you can get it at your dealership. Suppose to do wonders for your car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The Goodyear near me has BG44K but I've never used it..

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I just put in chevron techron into my car today and notice alittle difference and the car doesnt smoke as much as before. I'm gonna put in another bottle by the weekend just to get that good cleaning going. I was trying to find the BG44K thing but had no luck in my area.

·
Registered
702 Posts
try a mercedes dealer or even saturn

i got mine at a merc dealer for about 20 bucks

bg44k = really concentrated chevron techron (hears the techron stuff is a 4% solution of bg44k):p

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had a bad experience with that fuel injection thing by jiffy lube with my eclipse. They performed the service and the white smoke was coming out. But for the next 3-4 weeks my engine seemed to have a constant high idle 3-4rpms to be exact. Even when the engine got warm. This started happening right after they finished. Never again.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts