Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Legend has the light tan leather (ivory). It seems like as time goes on there are more and more- I don't really know how to say it- black streaks, swirls on the leather. I have heard that Lexol is good for leather-how good is it? Will it take out dirt that has been there for awhile? It is starting to annoy me. I have been using armor all leather care and I heard that it is bad. It this true? If anyone can reccomend another leather cleaner or another way to clean it please feel free to voice your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

G

·
I have been using the Meguiars stuff, but I don't think that its really all that great for taking the stains out of it. It probably does do a great job of keeping new leather looking nice though (not really what you or me need though).

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've been using Zymol's leather cleaner and conditioner. It works well at cleaning leather. I've had good luck with it as far as streaks and smudges go but ink is a different story.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I've tried various differrent leather cleaners on the four cars that I have had with leather and on the older cars with the dirty leather I usually ended up using a non-leather cleaner to get it as clean as possible and then apply lots of leather conditioner to soothe the leather after it's torture clean with a non-leather aproved cleaner. Warning this can leave the leather really rough and dry feeling until it's been well conditioned. Also do not spray the cleaner directly on the leather because the places where it gets sprayed directly usually get alot cleaner (as in light spots) I did that in my old integra and had to spray the whole interior with lots of cleaner to fix my light spots.

On another subject how much did you pay for your Alpine changer and how much for the adapter to plug it in.

-Jerry

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have used and still use Lexol all the time. It works very well usually. Sometimes if there is a tough stain, I will get a warm damp rag with a little smudge of hand, facial or diswashing soap (ie. the dish soap kept next to the sink, not the stuff in the dishwasher itself, and if you use this, only a dab the size of a pencil eraser and mix it into the damp rag well). Then do like mentioned above and rub the dirt out. After that, wipe the area well with another completely clean damp cloth. After this, apply a lot of conditioner. I only do this where standard leather cleaner won't get the dirt out. This also works pretty well on the seat belts, minus the conditioner, but it takes forever.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i like your collection of Legends!! 3 Legends in one family - thats cool!!
I have 2 Legends (sedans) myself - Would love to add a coupe to my collection (wife would kill me...lol!!!)

i'll try some of suggestions myself on cleaning & maintaining the leather!

·
Registered
702 Posts
i understand the cleaning part...but is there anything like a leather dye or anything similar that can get rid of or cover up some of the blemishes like portions that are cracking...not cracked and really messed up, just streaks where seats been used most have cracking streaks on them....any way to get rid of this or hide it?

i have beige/tan leather color interior.

·
Registered
744 Posts
See what happens when you mess with strange. Get all kinds of streak marks all oer da place.

KNLNGUS

PS. In addition to the many suggestions.... I use lexol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts