Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I bought a couple of exhaust manifolds w/O2 sensors a the local pull-a-part yard. (I was after the O2 sensors. The check engine light in my son's car is on and though he hasn't pulled the codes yet, chances are good it's the O2 sensors.)

Is there anything you folks do with used O2 sensors to clean them up a bit before putting them into your cars? Or do you just put them in and hope for the best?!

Thanks, as always!
Henry

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I'm CHEAP! (They cost 6.50 each, and I'm not sure, at this point, that they are the problem causing the check engine light to come on in my son's car.)

And this gives me a chance to practice and figure something out about my car--actually it's my son's car, but whatever I learn can be applied to my car, cheaply!

Given your username, the question surprises me!

Thanks,
Henry
to
why didnt you just buy 1 new o2 sensor?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Because I'm CHEAP! (They cost 6.50 each, and I'm not sure, at this point, that they are the problem causing the check engine light to come on in my son's car.)

And this gives me a chance to practice and figure something out about my car--actually it's my son's car, but whatever I learn can be applied to my car, cheaply!

Given your username, the question surprises me!

Thanks,
Henry
to
I've got 4 used OEM sensors that I know work if you need one.

I just replaced all of mine, even though they worked perfectly. I thought maybe my gas mileage would improve....it didn't.
Cover my shipping and I'll send you one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.