Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GS/LS Conversion
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best product to use when cleaning oem mats. all inputs are welcomed thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I know this sounds really simple....but it always makes my mats look brand new again:

I totally soak the mats with a water hose spraying off as much dirt at possible. I then take a bucket and put about a half a cup of liquid laundry detergent and dilute it with about a quart of water. Use a brush to scrub the mats really well and hose them off. You may need to do it twice. Then put them in the washing maching (carpet side out) on the spin cycle to get out the excess water. Then lay them out to dry completely in the sun.

It always works for me...and you dont get that nasty carpet cleaner smell.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Certified Pimp
186 Posts
I know this sounds really simple....but it always makes my mats look brand new again:

I totally soak the mats with a water hose spraying off as much dirt at possible. I then take a bucket and put about a half a cup of liquid laundry detergent and dilute it with about a quart of water. Use a brush to scrub the mats really well and hose them off. You may need to do it twice. Then put them in the washing maching (carpet side out) on the spin cycle to get out the excess water. Then lay them out to dry completely in the sun.

Hope this helps you out.
I do the same thing- only I hit them w/ a powerwasher when they are really grungy after scrubbing w/ diluted tide. This is the cheapest way to do it.

Others swear by those Bissell mini carpet cleaners.

·
aclegend
741 Posts
I just put the mats in the clothes washer and it works great...dont toss them into the dryer though, just hang them outside to dry.

·
NALM '20 Seattle dreaming
2,246 Posts
Others swear by those Bissell mini carpet cleaners.
+1

this is the YUCK I pulled out of my JDM mats when they got here

I too have hosed off then used the pressure washer, then scrubbed with a high end interior shampoo, hosed off again and hang them over the shower curtain with a towel below to catch the drips that don't make it into the tub.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I run a regular carpet steam cleaner over them. Whenever I steam the house carpets (every few months) I plop my cars mats down and include those too.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I tried a Stevie Ray hint - worked great. I used a Oxyclean knock-off, Sun Oxygen Cleaner, that I picked up at the 99 Cents Store. Put the mats in a tub with the cleaner and scrubbed and let soak. Rinsed them a few times. Then took them to the laundromat and cycled them through twice without adding anything. Air dried. Clean.

·
Dont Catch
4,408 Posts

Hope this helps you out.
:werd: and

Oxyclean.
:werd:

both together

·
Gangstar* User
581 Posts
Engine degreaser works good on them from the local car wash

no staining
and no wearing on the threads

it breaks through grease,mud, and stains from kids or your own messyness

then turn it to SOAP and you can watch the crap come out of them

then wash them down

and hang to dry.

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
i pour tide onto the mats, then i rough rinse, then scrub, then use the pressure washer to get everything out. then i throw them on my roof (black asphalt) to let them dry. the hot roof helps alot. also works with trunk carpets and normal carpets in the hose.

·
GS/LS Conversion
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how was i crapping on your thread?
did i say something derogatory or off topic? no...

what i was saying is lsurob's technique + ophidian's technique (both together) = what i use...

and why so uptight for? geeze
No worries. disregaurd it! peace.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts