Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some of these from procarparts a while ago, and wasn't able to figure out how to install them according to the guide on LegendTuner, but it didn't seem like that was the same as it is in my 1994 Legend Coupe. I couldn't get a screw driver to where it said there was a screw.

LEGENDtuner's Guide on installing Clear Bumper Signals

Does anyone have first hand experience with this or have a manual that says how? I have had these things for like 4 months now and really want to get them in. Thanks for any help, I'll post some pics when I finally get them in.

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
I have the same problem

I can't figure out how to get them out. I printed up the instructions from Legend Tuner about a month ago and when I changed my oil and the car was jacked up I decided to look and try to locate where the screws wer. The problem was I didn't see any visible screws like it said on the diagram and I thought maybe the screws were already taken out so I gently moved the fog light plate so I could try to get threw to the bumper light and the plate would not give. I got so frustrated that I considered taking off the front bumper to see but I decided to wait a day when I would be more patient. I still haven't put my new ones in as well because of this!!!!!:mad: :confused: Any Ideas that I hope we get from this thread would help!!! P.S--What brand bulbs do you plan to use for you bumper???color?? I'm amber I just don't know a really good brand. Probably end up going with Polarg but I heard Autozone, Pepboy amber bulbs would work just as fine.

·
Registered
223 Posts
No way!! Me too!!!

I had the same problem! I've had mine for about the same amount of time (4 months) and I couldn't find "THE SCREW" either. I was about to head down to the Acura dealer to ask them. I was about to remove my fog plates but still couldn't see anything that would help remove that light. If you find out, please let me know.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I replaced them on my 91 Sedan. I got a long screw driver and just fed it up there till I cought the screw. You can't see it and on top of it the screw it trapped in the fixture so that it doesn't fall out and it comes out with the entire fixture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me and a friend both tried to figure this out and I have concluded that the 94 Coupes (maybe others too) this isn't possible without taking the whole front bumper off. I'd still like to hear what some others have to say though. In my car there is a metal thing that is sticking out blocking the screw driver from getting to the screw I believe. :confused: Someone please help, I'm so frustrated.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Me and a friend both tried to figure this out and I have concluded that the 94 Coupes (maybe others too) this isn't possible without taking the whole front bumper off. I'd still like to hear what some others have to say though. In my car there is a metal thing that is sticking out blocking the screw driver from getting to the screw I believe. :confused: Someone please help, I'm so frustrated.
SLOW DOWN./..Help is here!!
First of all, no you do not remove the bumper..lol
*You DO remove the fog light cover.

To remove the fog light cover, either use a butter knife or a flathead screwdriver, and it pops out. You can even use your fingers ....

ANyway, if you lay down on your back, and take a medium sized Phillips Screwdriver, with the fog light cover removed, towards the inner part of the opening, there IS A CAPTIVE screw in there.

Turn it maybe 2-3 turns, and push it from the rear. From the left center (right light) and right center on the (left light). Installation is reverse of removal.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I had the same problem as well and realized that the screws weren't visible. You have to unscrew two screws like Legendz_4_life said. Pretty easy after that.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Quite easy. After you pop off the panel on the bumper, get a flash light and point it up into one of the small holes towards the center of the car. You will see an area when you can stick in your phillips screw driver. Just stick it in and unscrew it counter clockwise. =)

one screw for each bumper lense.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't get this, I have tried this and still can't get the screw driver to get to the light. Does anyone know what kind of bulbs it uses, I need to run out and get some amber bulbs :p.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally figured it out!!!!! woohoooo!!!!

Ok, well I still am wondering what kinda bulbs it uses and where the best place to get them is? Thanks Shad.

One other thing though, I think that procarparts.com may have sent me the ones for a Sedan. Someone else with a coupe could answer this, are the clear bumper turn signals just slightly too short? I'm thinking that it may becasue they sent me the sedan ones unless this is the case with everyone.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
I finally figured it out!!!!! woohoooo!!!!

One other thing though, I think that procarparts.com may have sent me the ones for a Sedan. Someone else with a coupe could answer this, are the clear bumper turn signals just slightly too short? I'm thinking that it may becasue they sent me the sedan ones unless this is the case with everyone.
They probably did send you the ones for the Sedans because I know that the coupes are slightly longer than the sedans. so give them a call or e-mail and let them know of their error.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should have taken a better picture but you can kinda see what I'm talking about.

Well, actually not really now that I look at the pic. I'll take some more pics when its light outside tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Bulbs

The bulbs are pretty standard. When changing the bumper bulbs for my wife's Ford Explorer, I noticed they were the exact same bulb as what the Legend uses for it's bumper lights. You just have to decide what color to use. I just went down to a local aftermarket store and the guy knew exactly which ones to use. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts